Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Open Spotify" opens a Spotify site?

Why in earth a "Open Spotify" opens a Spotify download site? When I use Voice search in Android, I like to open Spotify app not site. What should I say to this phone, so it can open a Spotify app for me? Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Why in earth a "Open Spotify" opens a Spotify download site?   When I use Voice search in Android, I like to open Spotify app not site. What should I say to this phone, so it can open a Spot...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist are not down loading and spofify says offline

I am trying to get my play list to load and it looks like they are hung. When I first set up the account on Saturday it loaded half my tracks but now I am stuck at 78% and it continues to say its offline.....any help?

• I am trying to get my play list to load and it looks like they are hung. When I first set up the account on Saturday it loaded half my tracks but now I am stuck at 78% and it continues to say its off...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last day with Windows Phone ;)

Tomorrow I go to receive my Android phone to post office. Can you believe, I can then enjoy Spotify again on mobile... Can't wait! However the Windows Phone isn't bad, but this Spotify app here is piece of crap. You know what I mean. It's buggy, outd...

motorola_razr_maxx.gif
  • Visitor
  • Tomorrow I go to receive my Android phone to post office. Can you believe, I can then enjoy Spotify again on mobile... Can't wait! However the Windows Phone isn't bad, but this Spotify app here is pi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Search feature doesnt work... :(

I just upgraded my Droid (sams gal s2, Spotify premium) and now it seems that Google search has the power in Spotify also.I am no longer able to use the search option either on tracks, artist not album. The search field looks like google with the Mic...

• Visitor
  • I just upgraded my Droid (sams gal s2, Spotify premium) and now it seems that Google search has the power in Spotify also. I am no longer able to use the search option either on tracks, artist not...
  • mittamo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded/local songs used in radio?

Does anyone know if downloaded or local songs are used in a radio based on a playlist? This would significantly reduce the amount of data over 3G/4G. I haven't found the answer but I would assume its possible since local files can be played used in a...

• Does anyone know if downloaded or local songs are used in a radio based on a playlist? This would significantly reduce the amount of data over 3G/4G.   I haven't found the answer but I would...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

I've been trying out the Spotify Premium and decided to ask around here before abandoning it. Is there anything in the works to sort out (what I perceive to be) the dogpile disaster that is playlists on Android? It's just an awful dogpile that does n...

• Gig Goer
  • I've been trying out the Spotify Premium and decided to ask around here before abandoning it.   Is there anything in the works to sort out (what I perceive to be) the dogpile disaster that i...
  • personanongrata
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Kindle Fire won't log in with Facebook login

Hi, I downloaded the new Kindle Fire version of Spotify yesterday but when I try to login with my Facebook credentials it just keeps saying 'Logging in, please wait...' Occasionally it comes up with a little message saying they are experiencing probl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I downloaded the new Kindle Fire version of Spotify yesterday but when I try to login with my Facebook credentials it just keeps saying 'Logging in, please wait...' Occasionally it comes ...
  • djlender
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist crashes because album was removed from Spotify

So this morning I was listening to a playlist on my HTC Inspire and all the sudden the music stopped. I thought downloading it would fix it, but it just ended up displaying 92% downloaded and I couldn't clear it. I realized the song it was crashing o...

• Regular
  • So this morning I was listening to a playlist on my HTC Inspire and all the sudden the music stopped. I thought downloading it would fix it, but it just ended up displaying 92% downloaded and I could...
  • mgmcewne
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All I see is white

I see the black "Spotify" bar at the top with the button to open the menu, which too just opens up white and everything else is white. I've tried closing the app and reopening it. I have no idea if it's actually closing it, but it's not in my task ma...

• Visitor
  • I see the black "Spotify" bar at the top with the button to open the menu, which too just opens up white and everything else is white. I've tried closing the app and reopening it. I have no idea if i...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account but not able to play downloaded tracks offline

Hi This question is really directly to Spotify support but I couldn't see a way of contacting them other than here. I have an Asus Transformer Prime running Android 4.0.3 and the latest version of Spotify with a Spotify Premium account. Offline mode ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   This question is really directly to Spotify support but I couldn't see a way of contacting them other than here. I have an Asus Transformer Prime running Android 4.0.3 and the latest ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

blue tooth pause and skip not working

Why won't the pause and skip controls on my bluetooth work with spotify. I try to pause or skip and Tunewiki starts up.

• Regular
  • Why won't the pause and skip controls on my bluetooth work with spotify. I try to pause or skip and Tunewiki starts up. 
  • dcroze
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Using v 0.5.2.87 and having streaming problems

Lots of bad connection and skipping when streaming on newest version. Using Premium on Android ICS on Galaxy Nexus. No problem playing downloaded files. Any one else or suggestions? Didn't have problems with previous version of app.

• Roadie
  • Lots of bad connection and skipping when streaming on newest version. Using Premium on  Android ICS on Galaxy Nexus. No problem playing downloaded files. Any one else or suggestions?   ...
  • semon
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

USB Syncing

This feature is really needed. My desktop is connected to a gigabit switch connected to my router. My phone is connected wirelessy via my router. The phone won't show up on my desktop's app. Why can't it just be easy to sync via USB like the ipod? It...

• This feature is really needed.    My desktop is connected to a gigabit switch connected to my router.   My phone is connected wirelessy via my router.   The phone won'...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Landscape Mode not working? Post details here...

In order for us to attempt to replicate the issue that some users seem to be having regarding landscape mode not activating in the app, please provide us with the following information: Device model E.g. Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, etc. Device’s Operati...

• Roadie
  • In order for us to attempt to replicate the issue that some users seem to be having regarding landscape mode not activating in the app, please provide us with the following information:   De...
  • damunk
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

new version

When wil there be a version released wich is able to sort the playlist by artists?

• Music Fan
  • When wil there be a version released wich is able to sort the playlist by artists?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thanks!

Just wanted to say Thanks to Spotify for apparently fixing the Android issue where the music would randomly stop playing or stop playing a few seconds into playing. Seemed the server would go offline, but even if you set the client to offline the iss...

• Regular
  • Just wanted to say Thanks to Spotify for apparently fixing the Android issue where the music would randomly stop playing or stop playing a few seconds into playing. Seemed the server would go offline...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Android - New Playlists disappearing

I think there are similar posts to this one, but it doesn't seem to be a problem that is going away, and Spotify seem a long way from rectifying it. Since about last week, my mobile device ( HTC One X ) seems unable to retain any new playlists that I...

• Regular
  • I think there are similar posts to this one, but it doesn't seem to be a problem that is going away, and Spotify seem a long way from rectifying it.    Since about last week, my mobile ...
  • Jahnzilla
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Inbox crash

New Galaxy S3 user in the UK, longtime Premium subscriber. Installed Spotify, generally all is working ok except that every time I launch the Inbox the app crashes immediately. Un installed and reinstalled twice to no avail. Any ideas?

• Music Fan
  • New Galaxy S3 user in the UK, longtime Premium subscriber. Installed Spotify, generally all is working ok except that every time I launch the Inbox the app crashes immediately. Un installed and reins...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't understand how to sort by artist

Surely this feature cannot be absent from Spotify by now? I'm paying premium obviously, and I just switched from Grooveshark, which basically allows me to save song by song and sort by title, artist, what have you, album, but Spotify... all I can do ...

• Visitor
  • Surely this feature cannot be absent from Spotify by now? I'm paying premium obviously, and I  just switched from Grooveshark, which basically allows me to save song by song and sort by title, a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes