Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview app - crash on loss of network signal

Anyone else finding this? Was listening to Spotify on my commute home last night. Apotify itself was online, but I was listening to tracks in a playlist I have sync'd for offline listening. My journey goes through numerous dead-spots - under bridges ...

• Community Legend
  • Anyone else finding this?   Was listening to Spotify on my commute home last night. Apotify itself was online, but I was listening to tracks in a playlist I have sync'd for offline listening.&...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

second song no sound

When playing a playlist only the first song is played. After this is seems to pause the second song and when I hit the play-button it seems to play but without sound. Hitting next and then previous button makes the sound return but that's not a worka...

• Casual Listener
  • When playing a playlist only the first song is played. After this is seems to pause the second song and when I hit the play-button it seems to play but without sound. Hitting next and then previous b...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot see alubm name in play lists in new ICS app.

Generally I add all the songs from each artist I listen to into one playlist; for example, I have a play list called "Dave Matthew Band" which has their entire discography, but now with the new ICS app, I cannot tell what songs are in what album, and...

• Generally I add all the songs from each artist I listen to into one playlist; for example, I have a play list called "Dave Matthew Band" which has their entire discography, but now with the new ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Activities are started again and again, although they are active

Hi, I have a little bug in my Android Application: Whenever I start an Activity - let's say the playlist - it starts the Activity immediately, without checking, if the Activity is still active but non focused (though it also works, if focused, so abs...

• Hi,   I have a little bug in my Android Application: Whenever I start an Activity - let's say the playlist - it starts the Activity immediately, without checking, if the Activity i...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken Android App

I used the Android Preview since its release. I didn't have any problems with the Preview version. I updated to the official Spotify app in the Google Play store and now I'm having problems listening to my music. If I choose a playlist, the app plays...

• Music Fan
  • I used the Android Preview since its release.  I didn't have any problems with the Preview version.  I updated to the official Spotify app in the Google Play store and now I'm having proble...
  • shawnrudd
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

No one told me about the SD card

After days of going through these forums and trying various troubleshooting steps and new Preview version and all I simply inserted a microSD card on my phone as it did not have one - and my app started to work. I inserted it so that I can load more ...

• Casual Listener
  •   After days of going through these forums and trying various troubleshooting steps and new Preview version and all I simply inserted a microSD card on my phone as it did not have one - and my ...
  • kericson
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cant login with new app

I updated my android app today, but after installing, it wont let me see the facebook loging screen. When i try to use spotify login screen it just gets stuck on "logging in", after i enter my details. Tried reinstalling and clearing data, but to no ...

• Casual Listener
  • I updated my android app today, but after installing, it wont let me see the facebook loging screen. When i try to use spotify login screen it just gets stuck on "logging in", after i enter my detail...
  • Woody78
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundrop for Android

Hi Folks, I'm in Australia and love Soundrop via Spotify. Trouble is I want it on my Asus Converter and I can get it! I've seen poting suggesting that Soundrop is on the Android MArket as a standalone app, may not for Australia. Does anyone have a su...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Folks,  I'm in Australia and love Soundrop via Spotify. Trouble is I want it on my Asus Converter and I can get it! I've seen poting suggesting that Soundrop is on the Android MArket as a sta...
  • Afront
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

paid for premium but havent got it

I have bought premium (june 5th), but now the app and my user at the computer tells me that i havent premium. And i cant see my receipts, there is only this Error 500 - Internal server error. Can you help me getting premium to my phone?

• I have bought premium (june 5th), but now the app and my user at the computer tells me that i havent premium. And i cant see my receipts, there is only this  Error 500 - Internal server error....
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Droid Bionic not showing up under "Devices" for wireless sync.

Hi all, My Bionic used to show up wirelessly and I've been able to sync properly, but as of the latest update, it doesn't show up at all. I've force closed, uninstalled, re-installed both mobile and desktop client, I'm on the same wireless network an...

• Hi all,   My Bionic used to show up wirelessly and I've been able to sync properly, but as of the latest update, it doesn't show up at all. I've force closed, uninstalled, re-installed both ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth and Spotify

Hello all. I connect my HTC One S with the stock stereo system in my 2010 Mazda 3 via bluetooth, and I listen to music on Spotify in my car via that bluetooth connection. Previous to this latest update, there were no issues with Spotify. However, now...

• Hello all.  I connect my HTC One S with the stock stereo system in my 2010 Mazda 3 via bluetooth, and I listen to music on Spotify in my car via that bluetooth connection.  Previous to this...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! All tracks unavailable help!

I've really gotten into spotify the past few months; it's revolutionary. I have it working on both of my windows machines, but unfortunately on my galaxy nexus I get the "Track is unavailable" error whenever I try to play anything. I've uninstalled, ...

• I've really gotten into spotify the past few months; it's revolutionary. I have it working on both of my windows machines, but unfortunately on my galaxy nexus I get the "Track is unavailable" error ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! sincronizar listas offline en SD externa

Buenas, alguien sabe como hacer que las listas offline se almacenen en la SD externa en la nueva actualizacion para moviles android? en la version anterior era muy facil pero en esta no encuentro la manera de hacerlo y siguiendo las instrucciones que...

• Casual Listener
  • Buenas, alguien sabe como hacer que las listas offline se almacenen en la SD externa en la nueva actualizacion para moviles android? en la version anterior era muy facil pero en esta no encuentro la ...
  • N57Rush
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Choose External SD to save datas ..... Impossible ?

Hi all, I do not find, in the new app, how to do to choose external SD as destination for my songs ... I have a Galaxy S2 (so 16Go inside), plus a 32Go Sdcard, I would like to choose this sd card to save spotify'xs songs .... It was possible in the o...

• Regular
  • Hi all, I do not find, in the new app, how to do to choose external SD as destination for my songs ... I have a Galaxy S2 (so 16Go inside), plus a 32Go Sdcard, I would like to choose this sd card...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folders all mixed up on Android

Dear Spotify, Our family uses Spottily with grate pleasure, and when the function arose to sort the playlists in folders we did thought to give it a shot. Each family member has a folder of his or her own, which works perfectly fine on the windows ap...

• Dear Spotify,   Our family uses Spottily with grate pleasure, and when the function arose to sort the playlists in folders we did thought to give it a shot. Each family member has a fol...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[REQUEST / ATTENTION] Use the search before posting new threads of issues

People! There are a lot of issues with the software. If everyone created a new thread for the problems and the problem is solved in one thread -> other threads might never get the Solved answer or resolution. I wish everyone would FIRST try the searc...

• Community Legend
  • People!   There are a lot of issues with the software. If everyone created a new thread for the problems and the problem is solved in one thread -> other threads might never get the Solve...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

New App is Non-Functional

Just downloaded the app update on my Samsung Droid Charge. It doesn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it five times already. And everytime I open it, all I get is a white screen and a crash report within thirty seconds. Anyone have a similar p...

• Casual Listener
  • Just downloaded the app update on my Samsung Droid Charge. It doesn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it five times already. And everytime I open it, all I get is a white screen and a crash re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist stops playing when in background

The update for the Spotify works great except for this one problem. I'll play a song in my starred playlist (or any playlist for that matter), then get off the app so the playlist is playing in the background, then when a certain song is done, the ne...

• Casual Listener
  • The update for the Spotify works great except for this one problem. I'll play a song in my starred playlist (or any playlist for that matter), then get off the app so the playlist is playing in the b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding a whole album to playlist.

Is it possible to download whole albums into a playlist as in previous versions? I can save individual tracks but not whole albums into an existing playlist. The only option ican see is ''add as playlist''. Also the lack of landscape mode is rubbish ...

• Regular
  • Is it possible to download whole albums into a playlist as in previous versions? I can save individual tracks but not whole albums into an existing playlist. The only option ican see is ''add as pla...
  • cinematique
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

galaxy nexus- spotify backround

without overtly changing anything, now my backround on my phone is white, with light gray lettering. any ideas how I can change this back to black/dark backround and white lettering.... something that I can actually read? tu

• Casual Listener
  • without overtly changing anything, now my backround on my phone is white, with light gray lettering.  any ideas how I can change this back to black/dark backround and white lettering.... somethi...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes