Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist All Messed Up

So in the last few days, the playlists on my S7 have been all kinds of weird... From albums being mixed up when filtering by artist, when searching for a specific artist/album it'll play whatever would be at the top of the list (can search for someth...

• So in the last few days, the playlists on my S7 have been all kinds of weird... From albums being mixed up when filtering by artist, when searching for a specific artist/album it'll play whatever wou...
  • a-_h48u7ejdzt
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on an Android Emulator Login Error

Anyone can help me? Because i wanna hear some musics for my emulator but i can't sign in! It says my username or password combination is incorrect, but it was the right password and username. Any help?

• Anyone can help me? Because i wanna hear some musics for my emulator but i can't sign in! It says my username or password combination is incorrect, but it was the right password and username. Any hel...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Hi-Fi

Hi Spotify, I came accross below article today and I'm wondering what do I need to do to become a tester? If there's a possibilty of adding me to the list of testers or some kind of waiting list then Spotify please do! Can't wait for you guys to fina...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify,   I came accross below article today and I'm wondering what do I need to do to become a tester? If there's a possibilty of adding me to the list of testers or some kind of waiting ...
  • badbrainmagic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist Ignores What I Type in the Playlist Filter

Here's the situation: I have all of my playlists, and I often like to search within them by using the search bar at the top (this is on Android). It shows me what I want to see, but when I click on it to start, it behaves as if I never typed anything...

• Here's the situation: I have all of my playlists, and I often like to search within them by using the search bar at the top (this is on Android). It shows me what I want to see, but when I click on i...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify pausing other media

Okay, so I don't know how many others are having this issue as it is a sort of an amalgamation of what are actually features in a specific combination, but anyway. I have multiple devices with spotify installed. This of course allows me to control Sp...

• Okay, so I don't know how many others are having this issue as it is a sort of an amalgamation of what are actually features in a specific combination, but anyway. I have multiple devices with spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Background Use on Android

On the Google Pixel, when I lock my phone or leave the app to use another, I can't change my music or see what's playing outside of the Spotify app. Is there a solution to this?

• On the Google Pixel, when I lock my phone or leave the app to use another, I can't change my music or see what's playing outside of the Spotify app. Is there a solution to this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only works on Wi-Fi

I have been trying out Spotify for free to see if I liked it. On Friday I decided to pay for a premium account and now the app only works on Wi-Fi, as if it didn't recognize my data connection to the internet (it keeps saying there's no connection). ...

• I have been trying out Spotify for free to see if I liked it. On Friday I decided to pay for a premium account and now the app only works on Wi-Fi, as if it didn't recognize my data connection to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see my own profile

Hi, I need your help because I have a problem with my Spotify account. I used to have an account that I closed, to create a new one with the same email address. The first day was okay, but since 2 weeks I can't see my profile, I don't even have the p...

• Hi, I need your help because I have a problem with my Spotify account. I used to have an account that I closed, to create a new one with the same email address. The first day was okay, but since 2 we...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Cant skip part of an offline track

Hey guys, first time posting here, so sorry if its the wrong forum or some wrong formation. Now my problem:I love the fact that I can add audiobooks from my PC in my spotify acc. and download it on my android to listen to it offline. Now, since 2 wee...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   first time posting here, so sorry if its the wrong forum or some wrong formation. Now my problem: I love the fact that I can add audiobooks from my PC in my spotify acc. and downl...
  • k4oong
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't publish my own playlist

I literally can't publish my own playlist, I tried to search my playlist with the phone of a friend of mine and we didn't find it... can some1 help me?I already made it public btw...

• I literally can't publish my own playlist, I tried to search my playlist with the phone of a friend of mine and we didn't find it... can some1 help me? I already made it public btw...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloaded songs not working when filtering

Date: 20/05/2018Brand: SamsungModel: S7Platform: Android Spotify appDescription: I have my playlist 'mijn favorieten' dowoaded so it is available offline. When I use filtering in that playlist, by pulling the screen downwards, I have noticed that the...

• Date: 20/05/2018 Brand: Samsung Model: S7 Platform: Android Spotify app Description:   I have my playlist 'mijn favorieten' dowoaded so it is available offline. When I use filtering in tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot jump to certain part in song downloaded

Hi everyone. I have downloaded a local playlist made on my desktop to my mobile phone and everytime i try to jump to a certain part of a track, it just skips at the beginning of the song. It doesn't matter where i press on the time bar... Anyone else...

• Hi everyone.  I have downloaded a local playlist made on my desktop to my mobile phone and everytime i try to jump to a certain part of a track, it just skips at the beginning of the song. It d...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Add Xxxtentacion back on spotify playlists

Please add Xxxtentacion back on spotify, cuz the pregnant girl that he supposedly beat is not even pregnant and she also admitted that he did not do anything to her, and he also saved her life from overdosing on drugs, if not then you should remove t...

• Please add Xxxtentacion back on spotify, cuz the pregnant girl that he supposedly beat is not even pregnant and she also admitted that he did not do anything to her, and he also saved her life from o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files WILL NOT sync to my Pixel

I have tried everything I could find on the forum, but could not get my local files to sync from my computer to my phone.My gear is:Google Pixel (original, American Version, not the 2)Mac book Pro 2017Spotify Premium StudentI have tried the following...

• I have tried everything I could find on the forum, but could not get my local files to sync from my computer to my phone. My gear is: Google Pixel (original, American Version, not the 2) Mac book...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

music wont play without phone reception

As soon as the phone reception on my phone dissapears, which happens alot for me, all my downloaded music stops playing. It doesnt undownload but it just wont play anymore. as soon as my reception returns theres no problem anymore. This is very annoy...

• As soon as the phone reception on my phone dissapears, which happens alot for me, all my downloaded music stops playing. It doesnt undownload but it just wont play anymore. as soon as my reception re...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I've been hacked

I've been using Spotify for a while now, but ever since about 2 weeks ago, someone has been getting into my account playing their own music while I'm trying to listen to mine. It's really frustrating because Spotify is basically unusable now for me b...

• Visitor
  • I've been using Spotify for a while now, but ever since about 2 weeks ago, someone has been getting into my account playing their own music while I'm trying to listen to mine. It's really frustrating...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bluetooth skipping in car

When listening through Bluetooth in car music constantly skips. I have downloaded all tracks to phone so phone network is not an issue. Tried unistalling app and downloaded songs again and also changed AVRCP Bluetooth version to 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 wit...

• Casual Listener
  • When listening through Bluetooth in car music constantly skips. I have downloaded all tracks to phone so phone network is not an issue. Tried unistalling app and downloaded songs again and also chang...
  • Clutchgear
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle disabling when choosing tracks

The last update is really annoying. I have had Spotify for year and listen to music all day. I like to keep shuffle on but at the same time randomly change tracks myself but now when I choose my track the shuffle disables. Need a fix or a way to perm...

• Casual Listener
  • The last update is really annoying. I have had Spotify for year and listen to music all day. I like to keep shuffle on but at the same time randomly change tracks myself but now when I choose my trac...
  • vorpalclaws
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

My Spotify don't have radio station

Hi, Spotify staffI love Spotify but there is some problem with mine. When I play a song, it don't have loop button or shuffle. I want to find the reason why it like that??Thanks Spotify.

• Hi, Spotify staff I love Spotify but there is some problem with mine.  When I play a song, it don't have loop button or shuffle. I want to find the reason why it like that?? Thanks Spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Sort/Filter does not work properly

I know there also exists a topic on filtering problem, but I want to state that not only filtering but also sorting does not work in a proper way. It makes me sick. I built a huge playlist as a collection. I sort it by artist and it mixes up albums! ...

• Casual Listener
  • I know there also exists a topic on filtering problem, but I want to state that not only filtering but also sorting does not work in a proper way. It makes me sick. I built a huge playlist as a colle...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes