Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Battery drain on Android

Hi all, Since an update last week, my Spotify has been overheating my phone and dragging battery life down 20-30% an hour. It's a real shame, but has anyone experienced the same, or found a solution? FYI I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S7.Thanks!

• Hi all,   Since an update last week, my Spotify has been overheating my phone and dragging battery life down 20-30% an hour. It's a real shame, but has anyone experienced the same, or found a ...
  • MarcoSpot
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Login problem

I can login to spotify on my pc without a problem but when I try to login to my phone it says "Either username or password is wrong". I have made sure both my username and password are perfect, changed my password twice, uninstalled and reinstalled t...

• I can login to spotify on my pc without a problem but when I try to login to my phone it says "Either username or password is wrong". I have made sure both my username and password are perfect, chang...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Samsung Gear Sport Spotify App doesnt recognize that I have premium

I sign into the app through my facebook account on my Gear Sport smart watch and it tells me to upgrade to premium, but I am already a premium member. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • I sign into the app through my facebook account on my Gear Sport smart watch and it tells me to upgrade to premium, but I am already a premium member. Any ideas?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music quality problem

I've subscribe to premium and the music quality of spotify when change to extreme , the later i go back it turns to normal and automatic quality . Seems like it didn't save the quality at all . Any solution ?

• I've subscribe to premium and the music quality of spotify when change to extreme , the later i go back it turns to normal and automatic quality . Seems like it didn't save the quality at all . Any s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Way too low

I have the latest version of Spotify and i am using the One Plus 5t. I used the 3t from OnePlus before and had the same problem. If i listen to music i need to have my phone on maximum power and its still not loud enough. And for everyone here who wa...

• Visitor
  • I have the latest version of Spotify and i am using the One Plus 5t. I used the 3t from OnePlus before and had the same problem. If i listen to music i need to have my phone on maximum power and its ...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No internet connection

When connected to my wifi the app says 'no internet connection'. Ive been googling all week trying to fix this and nothing is working.

• When connected to my wifi the app says 'no internet connection'. Ive been googling all week trying to fix this and nothing is working.
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist doesn't shuffle on phone

Hello,I'm currently having a problem with my free spotify application. I'm using a samsung galaxy s6. When I listen to my playlist on my pc, it shuffles normally. On my phone however, it plays more or less in the order I put it in every time. I do no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm currently having a problem with my free spotify application. I'm using a samsung galaxy s6. When I listen to my playlist on my pc, it shuffles normally. On my phone however, it plays more...
  • buffshaggy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Share downloads between devices with the same Premium account

Hi all. I have a premium account that I use on 3 devices (2 Android and 1 PC). In one of them I made the download to be able to listen offline. My question is: I want to take those downloads to another of my devices (Android) so I do not have to down...

• Hi all. I have a premium account that I use on 3 devices (2 Android and 1 PC). In one of them I made the download to be able to listen offline. My question is: I want to take those downloads to anoth...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Control the Music on Lock Screen

I have a Samsung Note 5 and on Lock Screen I cant control the music well. So I want to control things like munite.Spoiler (Highlight to read)

• Visitor
  • I have a Samsung Note 5 and on Lock Screen I cant control the music well. So I want to control things like munite.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • idea
    lock screen
    music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't log on my phone but can log in on windows

Yastrday I downloaded spotify for windows and connected my device and on the other day I wasn't able to log in on my android.

• Regular
  • Yastrday I downloaded spotify for windows and connected my device and on the other day I wasn't able to log in on my android.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App closes randomly

Since 2 or 3 weeks ago the app on my phone suddenly closes several times during the day. I read that I should clear the cache and reinstall the app. Done that but keeps closing, any suggestions?Using the app on an LG G3.

• Casual Listener
  • Since 2 or 3 weeks ago the app on my phone suddenly closes several times during the day. I read that I should clear the cache and reinstall the app. Done that but keeps closing, any suggestions? Usi...
  • modernmanifesto
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast STILL disappears from android spotify

Hi.I dont know why you closed the previous thread, but this problem persists.When my samsung s7 has been disconnected from my home network, spotify needs a force stop to refind my chromecast device.I have tried reinstalling according to the steps pos...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I dont know why you closed the previous thread, but this problem persists. When my samsung s7 has been disconnected from my home network, spotify needs a force stop to refind my chromecast devi...
  • lab
  • Gig Goer
  • 26 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 12 likes

Spotify won't download files to SD card

Hey guys,I'm using a NVIDIA Tegra Note running Android 5.1.A few days ago I had to reset it to factory settings and also needed to install Spotify (v 8.4.42.722 armV7) anew. Since then I noticed it doesn't download files to the SD card anymore, neith...

Screenshot_2018-03-02_14-33-23.png Screenshot_2018-03-02_14-31-20.png Screenshot_2018-03-02_14-29-50.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I'm using a NVIDIA Tegra Note running Android 5.1. A few days ago I had to reset it to factory settings and also needed to install Spotify (v 8.4.42.722 armV7) anew. Since then I noticed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • internal
    Sd
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically deleting downloaded songs

Hey, i have the following problem.I downloaded my playlist and a few others which I created to hear music in the car etc.After some time those playlists are not anymore downloaded, even tho I didn't pressed the "Download" button. I have to redownload...

• Hey, i have the following problem. I downloaded my playlist and a few others which I created to hear music in the car etc. After some time those playlists are not anymore downloaded, even tho I did...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view all songs from one artist on Android App

Hello. I am using the Android version of Spotify and am paying for Spotify Premium. I have a very simple request: I would like to view a list of all of the songs by one artist within the app. Not one album at a time, but a full list of their repetoir...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I am using the Android version of Spotify and am paying for Spotify Premium. I have a very simple request:   I would like to view a list of all of the songs by one artist within the app...
  • Rodjar13
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Library Missing for update 8.4.39.673 armV7

My library is missing and i can't play the songs that I added to my library songs and I tried pressing on the top left icon to take me to my liked songs but it only lets me preview it. Their is no longer an option to shuffle play and i only have the ...

• My library is missing and i can't play the songs that I added to my library songs and I tried pressing on the top left icon to take me to my liked songs but it only lets me preview it. Their is no lo...
  • CombatJackZero
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The EXACT Same Song Skips at the EXACT SAME TIME

On my playlist, Shangri-La by VIXX skips after just 10 seconds of playing to Twilight by LOOΠΔ every single time it comes up and it is very irritating because it is ALWAYS happening ever since it came out. Sometimes, the song doesn't even bother to p...

• Regular
  • On my playlist, Shangri-La by VIXX skips after just 10 seconds of playing to Twilight by LOOΠΔ every single time it comes up and it is very irritating because it is ALWAYS happening ever since it cam...
  • chengxiao_xia
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to music anymore

I had premium and now i have u limited data so i stopped paying for premium now i can't listen to anything. I've deleted and reinstalled the app on my lg stylo 3 multiple times and still every song in my library and search is greyed out

• I had premium and now i have u limited data so i stopped paying for premium now i can't listen to anything. I've deleted and reinstalled the app on my lg stylo 3 multiple times and still every song i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs arent in library

Hello!I wanted to listen some songs offline during travel and then i've noticed that some songs from downloaded albums were missing. I decided to go to that albums and check it. Songs chat were missing didn't have that green arrow which means that so...

• Hello! I wanted to listen some songs offline during travel and then i've noticed that some songs from downloaded albums were missing. I decided to go to that albums and check it. Songs chat were mis...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes