Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not connecting to google assistant

Hey, For the past month I have been trying continuously to link my spotify account to my Google Assistant on my Android Phone, when I click "Okay" on the sign in page it takes me to this url: https://clients3.google.com/cast/auth/3p/done?status=error...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,  For the past month I have been trying continuously to link my spotify account to my Google Assistant on my Android Phone, when I click "Okay" on the sign in page it takes me to this url:&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find podcasts tab or unplayed podcasts after upgrade

So I just upgraded to a new phone and now I can't find the podcasts section and the unplayed podcasts section under Your Library. What am I missing here?

• Casual Listener
  • So I just upgraded to a new phone and now I can't find the podcasts section and the unplayed podcasts section under Your Library. What am I missing here?
  • lunari
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

No more shuffle?

So I updated my spotify and I can't find a shuffle button anywhere. It shows that my playlist is ABLE to shuffle, but every time I choose the playlist, it plays the same songs every time, in the exact same order, even if I skip the song. I know I hav...

• So I updated my spotify and I can't find a shuffle button anywhere.  It shows that my playlist is ABLE to shuffle, but every time I choose the playlist, it plays the same songs every time, in th...
  • brookelynn557
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect not working on denon avr x3000

I just did the firmware update for the denon AVR-X3000 released in 29 jun 2017, and cannot use spotify connect with a samsung galaxy S8+, In the remote app after I log in, it says that I need spotify premium, wich I have (well I have family) but it u...

• Casual Listener
  • I just did the firmware update for the denon AVR-X3000 released in 29 jun 2017, and cannot use spotify connect with a samsung galaxy S8+, In the remote app after I log in, it says that I need spotify...
  • rjej123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Run's very slow on Moto G5

The Spotify app run's very slowly on my Moto G5.When i listen to music on my Desktop and try to change the Song on my phone the app reacts very slowly. Can anyone help me please ?

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify app run's very slowly on my Moto G5. When i listen to music on my Desktop and try to change the Song on my phone the app reacts very slowly.  Can anyone help me please ?   🙂
  • logitkot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download Spotify on new Android

New Android phone, have an existing Spotify subscription which I want to transfer from my Iphone. Can't locate the Spotify app on Playstore & when accessing via website, I'm told it's not available to download in my country. I live in Jersey, Channel...

• New Android phone, have an existing Spotify subscription which I want to transfer from my Iphone. Can't locate the Spotify app on Playstore & when accessing via website, I'm told it's not availab...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nokia 3 Android

Hi! I recently owned a nokia 3 with Android 7.1.1, the good thing about this phone is the option tha let me use my SD memory card as internal memory, so i can download apps and use the memory in the SD card. To do that, i have to format the SD card, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I recently owned a nokia 3 with Android 7.1.1, the good thing about this phone is the option tha let me use my SD memory card as internal memory, so i can download apps and use the memory in the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing when on other apps

I've been having this problem for a while now, if I start playing music on Spotify and then go on another app, the music just stops and I have to go on the Spotify app to start it again. I tried reinstalling, relogging but nothing has yet solved this...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having this problem for a while now, if I start playing music on Spotify and then go on another app, the music just stops and I have to go on the Spotify app to start it again. I tried rein...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist defaulting to Discover Weekly

I am using Spotify on an Shield K1 that I've had for a couple of years. Just recently, whenever I select the playlist option from my library, I am defaulted to go into the discover weekly playlist. I can't get back to my playlist listings. If I stop ...

• I am using Spotify on an Shield K1 that I've had for a couple of years.  Just recently, whenever I select the playlist option from my library, I am defaulted to go into the discover weekly playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Being redirected to the login screen

When I try to login to Spotify app on my phone (Sony Xperia z5) I can't pass beyond the login screen. I login using Facebook, it redirects me to a page that says "you logged in previously using Facebook. Do you want to continue?" I click yes, it goes...

• When I try to login to Spotify app on my phone (Sony Xperia z5) I can't pass beyond the login screen. I login using Facebook, it redirects me to a page that says "you logged in previously using Faceb...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated to Android 8.0.0 . All offline songs stopped working.

I updated to Android 8.0.0 and all was fine, my offline music was all still showing as downloaded, and had the green arrow next to it, but when I selected one to play it would play only nothing. The song then greyed out on the list of songs. I have r...

• Gig Goer
  • I updated to Android 8.0.0 and all was fine, my offline music was all still showing as downloaded, and had the green arrow next to it, but when I selected one to play it would play only nothing. The ...
  • chiefjoboo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Me sale un "error de descarga por almacenamiento"

Me sale que hay un error y no me deja descargar todas las canciones que tenia y se me borran las canciones, pero no las playlist, tengo un samsung j2 y una memoria que esta vacia y la uso nada mas para spotify pero se me borra todo y tengo premium y ...

• Me sale que hay un error y no me deja descargar todas las canciones que tenia y se me borran las canciones, pero no las playlist, tengo un samsung j2 y una memoria que esta vacia y la uso nada mas pa...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant - Spotify Song Radio

When I ask Google Assistant, whether it be my Android phone or Google Homes, to play [Song] by [Artist] on Spotify, it plays the Song Radio not just the song; hence non-requested songs start playing subsequent to the original requested song. Is there...

• Casual Listener
  • When I ask Google Assistant, whether it be my Android phone or Google Homes, to play [Song] by [Artist] on Spotify, it plays the Song Radio not just the song; hence non-requested songs start playing ...
  • Tsmltc
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Google Assistant
    Google Home
    Spotify Radio
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Trying to find a widget

I was reading a blog post on an android site and saw a screen shot with what appears to be a Spotify widget. Just curious if anyone knows what widget it is..

nova-settings-subgrid-step-1.jpg
  • Regular
  • I was reading a blog post on an android site and saw a screen shot with what appears to be a Spotify widget. Just curious if anyone knows what widget it is..  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem logging in to Android app - PC browser access to account is fine

So I try to log in to the app in my Android phone and it keeps complaining that the ID or password are invalid. They work perfectly for me to access my account on spotify.com.Then Spotify has to customer care number! I'm a premium customer (for now),...

• Casual Listener
  • So I try to log in to the app in my Android phone and it keeps complaining that the ID or password are invalid. They work perfectly for me to access my account on spotify.com. Then Spotify has to cu...
  • fasanell
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto play at startup

Is there a way to have spotify, at start up, to automatically start playing a playlist or radio statio?

• Is there a way to have spotify, at start up,  to  automatically start playing a playlist or radio statio? 
  • ExtremistPain
  • 5 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 23 likes

Get Alexa to play only from my library.

Hello! Does anyone know what command I need to use to get Alexa to play songs only from my Spotify library or from my songs? I’m not talking about playlists, I mean that if I want to listen to someone with a large back catalogue (like the Beatles, fo...

• Visitor
  • Hello! Does anyone know what command I need to use to get Alexa to play songs only from my Spotify library or from my songs? I’m not talking about playlists, I mean that if I want to listen to someon...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution When I'm in a other app spotify crashes

When I'm listening to spotify and I'm in a other app spotify crashes and does'n work , I'm a premium user for this

• When I'm listening to spotify and I'm in a other app spotify crashes and does'n work , I'm a premium user for this
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists do not actually get deleted

Even if you delete a playlist, it is still accessible if you keep the share link to it.This is extremely frustrating and is across all platforms (Web, Android, PC/Mac)If I delete something the expectation is that it is no longer accessible by anyone.

• Regular
  • Even if you delete a playlist, it is still accessible if you keep the share link to it. This is extremely frustrating and is across all platforms (Web, Android, PC/Mac) If I delete something th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skipping Samsung

My songs in spotify skip like a scratched cd, I've adjusted my unmonitered apps and cleared my cache and the issue persists

• My songs in spotify skip like a scratched cd, I've adjusted my unmonitered apps and cleared my cache and the issue persists
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes