Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

listen to spotify without downloading

i have an android with only 16gb of storage. whenever i listen to my spotify playlist, im not downloading the songs but i guess after listening to a song more than once it remembers it. this adds up and takes away my storage fast. i was wondering if ...

• Casual Listener
  • i have an android with only 16gb of storage. whenever i listen to my spotify playlist, im not downloading the songs but i guess after listening to a song more than once it remembers it. this adds up ...
  • calerock
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify elimina mi musica descargada

Me gustaria saber cual es la razon por la que Spotify elimina mis canciones descargadas una y otra vez sin motivo aparente. Cada vez que vuelvo a descargarlas al dia siguiente aparecen eliminidas. No he descargado musica en mas de tres dispositivos, ...

• Me gustaria saber cual es la razon por la que Spotify elimina mis canciones descargadas una y otra vez sin motivo aparente. Cada vez que vuelvo a descargarlas al dia siguiente aparecen eliminidas. No...
  • nemontana
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

SD card storage option gone

I have an SD card, but when I look through spotify settings, there is no option to choose where songs are stored. So everything goes on to internal where i don't have much space... any one have advice?Thank you kindly.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an SD card, but when I look through spotify settings, there is no option to choose where songs are stored. So everything goes on to internal where i don't have much space... any one have advic...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline songs stopped working

For the last few days I have not been able to download and play local files on my phone.I have local files on my pc which I have placed in my playlists which I have downloaded on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and it have been working until a few days ...

• Regular
  • For the last few days I have not been able to download and play local files on my phone. I have local files on my pc which I have placed in my playlists which I have downloaded on my phone (Samsung ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I upload my songs to samsung iconx?

I want to upload my songs from spotify to my samsung iconx earbuds. Does anyone know how?

• I want to upload my songs from spotify to my samsung iconx earbuds. Does anyone know how?
  • nenadtulsa
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Android TV sound quality

What bit rate does the android TV app play music at?Thanks.

• What bit rate does the android TV app play music at? Thanks.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Google Now doesn't play Spotify music

Hey, so this is the problem. I know I'm suppose do be able to say "okay Google, play [song] by [artist] on Spotify" and it would automatically start playing the song. However, in these past few weeks, I am unable to do so.I have Samsung galaxy s7, un...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, so this is the problem. I know I'm suppose do be able to say "okay Google, play [song] by [artist] on Spotify" and it would automatically start playing the song. However, in these past few weeks...
  • Eggface5
  • 65 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 22 likes

Offline songs disappears (without being deleted) after a system update

Hello,After a system update (even a small one) the Spotify app doesn't show my offline songs as downloaded. However, the songs aren't deleted because the Spotify app still takes several gigabytes on my internal storage.This problem appeared on both N...

• Hello, After a system update (even a small one) the Spotify app doesn't show my offline songs as downloaded. However, the songs aren't deleted because the Spotify app still takes several gigabytes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Car radio malfunction

I have car radio with android 6. When I turn the car off radio screen goes black and speakers are turned off too. But inside of the radio spotify keeps playing. I know it because when I have turned it off for one minute and I turn it back on the song...

• I have car radio with android 6. When I turn the car off radio screen goes black and speakers are turned off too. But inside of the radio spotify keeps playing. I know it because when I have turned i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only view songs in Playlists and Albums.

I have a Spotify premium account and, ever since signing up and downloading the app and a good helping of my favourite tunes, I am only able to view my downloaded songs in Playlists and Albums view.I can't see anything in the Songs or Artists section...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Spotify premium account and, ever since signing up and downloading the app and a good helping of my favourite tunes, I am only able to view my downloaded songs in Playlists and Albums view. ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Available Offline songs "undownloaded" and greyed out

I have 1670 songs in a playlist (the old favourites-playlist) and I've been having a problem where most of the songs go from being downloaded and available to greyed out and unavailable for no reason. I first make them available offline, wait until t...

• Regular
  • I have 1670 songs in a playlist (the old favourites-playlist) and I've been having a problem where most of the songs go from being downloaded and available to greyed out and unavailable for no reason...
  • mgarey2
  • 41 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 12 likes

Elephone P8, Android 7.0

Good afternoonI have the same problem as this user. I have downloaded the latest version available on play store: Elephone P8, Android 7.0 Spotify closes (app closes + background service ends) 10 seconds after screen turns off.Lock screen widget disp...

• Good afternoon I have the same problem as this user. I have downloaded the latest version available on play store:   Elephone P8, Android 7.0   Spotify closes (app closes + background ...
  • Seifenaut
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix slow app in case of many libraries and/or offline songs

I really have enough of the app being unresponsive too many times even for minutes.... No matter what I do, play, search, browse, the whole app experience is being bullsht. I've seen multiple threads where it was suggested to: "Remove as much things ...

• I really have enough of the app being unresponsive too many times even for minutes.... No matter what I do, play, search, browse, the whole app experience is being bullsht. I've seen multiple threads...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Lock screen issue, can't skip songs from lock screen.

So first the widget on the lock screen wouldn't even show up, restarting seemed to fix the issue but now if I try to skip to the next song it wont let me, have to open the app in the phone to skip songs. Please fix spotify, started happening after mo...

• Regular
  • So first the widget on the lock screen wouldn't even show up, restarting seemed to fix the issue but now if I try to skip to the next song it wont let me, have to open the app in the phone to skip so...
  • empereurrom7
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! Anyone voice controlling spotify via Android with success?

Hello guys, doing some research online, I am seeing that you can voice control spotify via an android phone but the reviews are not great. Is there anyone here using voice commands on an android phone to "search spotify and play a specific tune" with...

• Regular
  • Hello guys, doing some research online, I am seeing that you can voice control spotify via an android phone but the reviews are not great. Is there anyone here using voice commands on an android phon...
  • Thoky
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Google Pixel - Album art has stopped to load

I am a spotify premium user on Google pixel. After a certain date in January 2018, Spotify album art has stopped to load, while the album art for my previously downloaded songs appear as expected. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I cleared cache a...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a spotify premium user on Google pixel. After a certain date in January 2018, Spotify album art has stopped to load, while the album art for my previously downloaded songs appear as expected. In...
  • mansingh95
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Low Bluetooth Volume

How can I make this app play louder. In my car, connected via Bluetooth it is simply not loud enough. At highway speed with my windows down I cannot even hear it. Bluetooth volume is turned all the way up on my Samsung GS7 Edge. I have Normalize Volu...

• Casual Listener
  • How can I make this app play louder. In my car, connected via Bluetooth it is simply not loud enough. At highway speed with my windows down I cannot even hear it. Bluetooth volume is turned all the w...
  • captkozmo
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to sync local files

i am having the latest spotify on both Windows and Android and i recently moved a new local files into my spotify playlist. However, when i sync it to my phone, it showed the local file song but does not allow me to download it and it is greyed out. ...

• Casual Listener
  • i am having the latest spotify on both Windows and Android and i recently moved a new local files into my spotify playlist. However, when i sync it to my phone, it showed the local file song but does...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to log in

Help! My spotify app was saying that I was offline and I decided to just update it and log out of my account, little did I know I would completely lock myself out of the app. Each time I log in to the app it says I have to go online to connect and I ...

• Help! My spotify app was saying that I was offline and I decided to just update it and log out of my account, little did I know I would completely lock myself out of the app.  Each time I log i...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the difference between my library and playlist?

When I joined I spent hours choosing my playlist or my songs let's put it that way. When I finally got in I found the songs were in something called a library not my playlist. What is the difference between the two?

• Visitor
  • When I joined I spent hours choosing my playlist or my songs let's put it that way. When I finally got in I found the songs were in something called a library not my playlist. What is the difference ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes