Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Forgot username and email adress

Hello everyone, I have a problem about my spotify account. I bought a premium account with a new email adress two months ago approximately. 3 days ago, I changed my phone that was used with spotify. Now, I cant remember my email address and my userna...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone,   I have a problem about my spotify account. I bought a premium account with a new email adress two months ago approximately. 3 days ago, I changed my phone that was used with ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Security issue [?]

Something strange just happened, I was listening my music then suddenly Spotify started to reproduce a playlist that I've never seen before (including such a bad music). I changed my password and everything is now ok, but I can't understand what happ...

• Something strange just happened, I was listening my music then suddenly Spotify started to reproduce a playlist that I've never seen before (including such a bad music). I changed my password and eve...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Remove Offline Syncing

Spotify is taking up way too much space on my phone, it was at almost 8 GB before I deleted all data. That took care of the short term problem, the long term problem is that I cannot remove my phone from syncing. I have tried both on my phone and on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is taking up way too much space on my phone, it was at almost 8 GB before I deleted all data.   That took care of the short term problem, the long term problem is that I cannot remove ...
  • mpphill2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App taking up an enormous amount of space on my internal storage..

Hello Spotify, At this current moment, spotify is taking up 3.5GB of my internal storage with not a single song downloaded for offline (im listening so i do not want to reinstall right now). Using my phone's storage setting, i am able to "clear cache...

• Visitor
  • Hello Spotify,  At this current moment, spotify is taking up 3.5GB of my internal storage with not a single song downloaded for offline (im listening so i do not want to reinstall right now). U...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change Name

Hello, I would like to change the name that appears below my playlist, how should I do? Thank you in advance for your return.

• Hello, I would like to change the name that appears below my playlist, how should I do? Thank you in advance for your return.
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save the F.U.C.K.ing songs to SD card

Who was the f.u.c.k.i.n.g idiot that removed this option?I am on a family premium account and I cannot save the s.h.i.t to SD card. This is very annoying!Fix it now developers!NOW!

• Who was the f.u.c.k.i.n.g idiot that removed this option? I am on a family premium account and I cannot save the s.h.i.t to SD card. This is very annoying! Fix it now developers! NOW!
  • alexmarrufo87
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Data communication

Hi, I have problem with data communication. All information in screenshots

• Hi, I have problem with data communication. All information in screenshots
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App only Shows Black empty Start screen

After Starting the latest Update of Android App, only the Black Start screen is Shown and the App doesn't work. Even New Installation doesn't work. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • After Starting the latest Update of Android App, only the Black Start screen is Shown and the App doesn't work. Even New Installation doesn't work. Any  ideas? 
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost all of my downloaded songs!

Uploaded my Spotify app yesterday and I lost all of the music I had. The app is still using the 4GB of storage so the music's still there. How can I get it back without downloading it again? I don't have a good internet connection right now, please h...

• Uploaded my Spotify app yesterday and I lost all of the music I had. The app is still using the 4GB of storage so the music's still there. How can I get it back without downloading it again? I don't ...
  • jellyonaplate
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! No Bass / Bad equalizer when listening in car

So I have a thing that connects to the cassete in my 2001 audi's stock sound deck. I have a Galaxy s5. I can play sounds on youtube using my phone and the car's speakers, this sounds great, I can hear all of the base and different subtle layers of th...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have a thing that connects to the cassete in my 2001 audi's stock sound deck. I have a Galaxy s5. I can play sounds on youtube using my phone and the car's speakers, this sounds great, I can hea...
  • tos82
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bass
    Car
    Equalizer
    quality
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

SD Card Issues

This has been going on for a few days now. I got a message saying something about storage being inaccessible and suddenly all my songs were no longer downloaded to my SD card. I checked and saw that my phone had, for whatever reason, revoked SD card ...

• Casual Listener
  • This has been going on for a few days now. I got a message saying something about storage being inaccessible and suddenly all my songs were no longer downloaded to my SD card. I checked and saw that ...
  • thatonenerd652
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are things not easy to karioki from spotify, its easy enough to subvert with a mic.

Hi I just want to be able to use my Studio Irig Microphone To sing with Spotify and record video and sound on The EZ Voice app and be Live. Is your lyrics setting not good enough or something? Wasent there Tunewiki. This would result in me being able...

• Hi I just want to be able to use my Studio Irig Microphone To sing with Spotify and record video and sound on The EZ Voice app and be Live. Is your lyrics setting not good enough or something? Wasent...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I check the number of how many songs there are in a playlist.

I remember that there was an indicator on how many songs there were in a playlist. I wanted to keep track of number of songs in my playlist but that somehow magically disappeared. Why?

• Casual Listener
  • I remember that there was an indicator on how many songs there were in a playlist. I wanted to keep track of number of songs in my playlist but that somehow magically disappeared. Why?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Storage

I looked at my storage on my cellphone and I had 9,0 gb of cache with the Spotify application, but I have 0 downloaded songs, only saved songs. How is it possible ?

• I looked at my storage on my cellphone and I had 9,0 gb of cache with the Spotify application, but I have 0 downloaded songs, only saved songs. How is it possible ?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Size

Hi guys, Just updated the app to version 8.4.38.621 and it's using 2.4 GB of my phone's internal storage/memory, which seems excessive. Can anyone please confirm whether this is normal? Thanks,Jonny

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   Just updated the app to version 8.4.38.621 and it's using 2.4 GB of my phone's internal storage/memory, which seems excessive. Can anyone please confirm whether this is normal? &nb...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

reinstating spotify after factory reset on android phone

hi, how do i reinstall spotify (premium) on android phone after doing a factory reset?thanks

• hi, how do i reinstall spotify (premium) on android phone after doing a factory reset? thanks
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Next button not working

Was working fine until the most recent update. Before when I was streaming from my phone on my vehicle I could hit next and it'll go to the next song. Not anymore. I tried restarting my phone and tried it in two cars and a set of headphones and next ...

• Was working fine until the most recent update.   Before when I was streaming from my phone on my vehicle I could hit next and it'll go to the next song. Not anymore. I tried restarting my phon...
  • untouchcd
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Avoiding Recommendations

Hi! I read that it won't play any recommendations when you're using a playlist > 12 songs.Is that still a thing? I'm still getting those, though...I don't mind being restricted to shuffle only. Is this some not-premium-issue? Appreciating any help

• Hi!    I read that it won't play any recommendations when you're using a playlist > 12 songs. Is that still a thing? I'm still getting those, though... I don't mind being restri...
  • junebug6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Falha ao Entrar

Sai da minha conta enquanto offline, e agora quando tento entrar novamente aparece o o aviso "sua definição atual é offline, fique online para se conectar ao Spotify", oq devo fazer?

• Sai da minha conta enquanto offline, e agora quando tento entrar novamente aparece o o aviso "sua definição atual é offline, fique online para se conectar ao Spotify", oq devo fazer?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Airplay or DLNA push from android devices?

Hi Spotify and Community! I've been a longtime user of Spotify on the iPhone, but have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.0.4. The feature I currently miss the most, is the possibility of playing music on my mobile device and pushing the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify and Community! 🙂   I've been a longtime user of Spotify on the iPhone, but have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.0.4. The feature I currently miss the most, is the po...
  • upside_down
  • 14 replies
  • 75 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 75 likes