Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Carpeta de Descarga

Antes me permitia configurar donde almacenar mi descarga. Por inconvenientes con mi equipo, lo reinicie a modo de fabrica y cuando volvi a instalar la aplicacion la opcion ya no figura. Ya no se puede elegir donde descargar?

• Antes me permitia configurar donde almacenar mi descarga. Por inconvenientes con mi equipo, lo reinicie a modo de fabrica y cuando volvi a instalar la aplicacion la opcion ya no figura. Ya no se pued...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant keeps asking me to sign in with the same account, even though I have. What gives?

I activate Google assistant and ask it to play a song on Spotify. It says okay, playing song X by Band on Spotify. Then it asks me to sign into Spotify with the same account as Google Assistant. I sign into Spotify with my email that I use on Google,...

• I activate Google assistant and ask it to play a song on Spotify. It says okay, playing song X by Band on Spotify. Then it asks me to sign into Spotify with the same account as Google Assistant. I si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My premium account doesnt work, but they keep removing the money of my bank monthly.

My premium account suddenly doesnt work, but they monthly keep removing 10 euro of my bank. I hope this can be fixed, otherwise i would gladly filled a complain.

• My premium account suddenly doesnt work, but they monthly keep removing 10 euro of my bank. I hope this can be fixed, otherwise i would gladly filled a complain.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant integration with Spotify

I just got my new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Wondering if anybody else is having an issue with Google Assistant integration with Spotify. When I tell Google Assistant to play a song it's sometimes open Spotify but it never plays the song. Hope someone c...

• I just got my new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Wondering if anybody else is having an issue with Google Assistant integration with Spotify. When I tell Google Assistant to play a song it's sometimes open ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Won't skip tracks on Android Auto

Since yesterday Android Auto has a different set of buttons when in the player view, and will only play about 5 or 6 songs before not allowing you to skip any more tracks.

• Since yesterday Android Auto has a different set of buttons when in the player view, and will only play about 5 or 6 songs before not allowing you to skip any more tracks.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG-ANDROID Incorrect storage report causing full internal memory

Spotify app is set to download all files to external SD card *and does so correctly as seen in external SD storage space Android UI still reporting that internal memory space being taken up by Spotify files (the same files that are actually being sto...

• Visitor
  • Spotify app is set to download all files to external SD card *and does so correctly as seen in external SD storage space   Android UI still reporting that internal memory space being taken up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify app looses the ability to connect to internet

Hi, I'm having trouble with Spotify app. Happened twice already in last 10 days or so. I'm listening to some music, when it stops playing and says I'm offline and it simply ignores the fact the internet runs on my phone with no problem at all. I can ...

• Hi, I'm having trouble with Spotify app. Happened twice already in last 10 days or so. I'm listening to some music, when it stops playing and says I'm offline and it simply ignores the fact the inter...
  • NgWengHim99
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Play on demand

Hi im a free spotify user who uses andriod who got it a few days ago but what im worried is the "play on demand"free.I can play any song on the playlist and can fast forward or rewind it but I still gets ads and uses my data.will i be charge for usin...

• Visitor
  • Hi im a free spotify user who uses andriod who got it a few days ago but what im worried is the "play on demand"free.I can play any song on the playlist and can fast forward or rewind it but I still ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Update: Offline Playlists gone

Samsung S7 + Android 7.0:Everytime Spotify makes is updated, it changes the storage back to phone storage. Due to that no playlist is offline anymore, because it doesn't seem to recognise it's files on the sd card. And I have to download every playli...

• Samsung S7 + Android 7.0: Everytime Spotify makes is updated, it changes the storage back to phone storage. Due to that no playlist is offline anymore, because it doesn't seem to recognise it's file...
  • elfranchu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music is not available offline

For some reason when I try and play music that is supposed to have downloaded, it is not available offline. It should play music stored on the SD card.. but it has not been the case for me. Anyone know why? Also, how do I separate interaction between...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason when I try and play music that is supposed to have downloaded, it is not available offline. It should play music stored on the SD card.. but it has not been the case for me. Anyone kn...
  • elfranchu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs have been deleted continually by spotify

I've been continuously downloading my songs on my premium account but recently my songs have been deleted twice in a week and I have to download them over and over again, it's like 5 gigas at a time, I'm downloading them in my sd card, in past the pr...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been continuously downloading my songs on my premium account but recently my songs have been deleted twice in a week and I have to download them over and over again, it's like 5 gigas at a time,...
  • muratunver99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on Android Auto hangs on listing albums

Hallo,since the last update to Spotify, the Spotify album list in Android Auto doesn't load anymore but hangs with the spinning "wait" circle. I waited for more than 10 minutes, but nothing showed up. Album list in the normal Spotify app works as usu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo, since the last update to Spotify, the Spotify album list in Android Auto doesn't load anymore but hangs with the spinning "wait" circle. I waited for more than 10 minutes, but nothing showed ...
  • Frank79
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes

Downloading isn't working

For some reason I can no longer download to listen offline. My bf can so I know it's not our Internet or account. I don't think I've exceeded the number of songs I'm allowed. I'd like to know how I can check this. I've tried deleting songs and still ...

• Casual Listener
  • For  some reason I can no longer download to listen offline. My bf can so I know it's not our Internet or account. I don't think I've exceeded the number of songs I'm allowed. I'd like to know h...
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

UNable to choose specific songs

Just downloaded the Spotify app for Android on an Asus Zenfone 5 running android 4.4.2 Works fine BUT it won't let me choose songs to play specifically. On playlists it shows the titles of songs in mute mode. It will only allow me to play songs on SH...

Screenshot_2014-12-12-22-03-06.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Just downloaded the Spotify app for Android on an Asus Zenfone 5 running android 4.4.2   Works fine BUT it won't let me choose songs to play specifically. On playlists it shows the titles of...
  • yaboirowan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    asia
    asus
    asus zenfone
    choosing songs
    zenfone 5
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't sort by artist in my library

Hi, I just started using Spotify so I might just be doing something wrong but when I use Spotify on my laptop (Macbook Air), I can go to my library and sort it all by artist, which is the way I prefer, it's what I'm used to. But when I use Spotify on...

• Hi,   I just started using Spotify so I might just be doing something wrong but when I use Spotify on my laptop (Macbook Air), I can go to my library and sort it all by artist, which is the wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Massive data usage on Android

Hi all. I found this topic under the iPhone category but the solution was to reinstall.Not only did I do that several times but I also happened to get a new phone. I have filed a case with spotify,, but no answers. Besides, users can be the most help...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all. I found this topic under the iPhone category but the solution was to reinstall. Not only did I do that several times but I also happened to get a new phone.   I have filed a case with...
  • Troydmb17
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

problema al descargar musica a la sd

tengo un problema a la hora de descargar musica de spotify en la sd. Cuando estoy descargando las canciones me sale un aviso que ya no tengo espacio en el alamacenamiento pero me queda un monton de espacio disponible.

• tengo un problema a la hora de descargar musica de spotify en la sd. Cuando estoy descargando las canciones me sale un aviso que ya no tengo espacio en el alamacenamiento pero me queda un monton de e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant no longer able to control Spotify - 8.4.37.587

8.4.37.587 Issue: Google Assistant will open Spotify but will not control Spotify in any way. It will work correctly if you FORCE close Spotify in App Settings but will revert to not working correctly as soon as you close the Spotify App. I had a 2 h...

• Casual Listener
  • 8.4.37.587   Issue: Google Assistant will open Spotify but will not control Spotify in any way.  It will work correctly if you FORCE close Spotify in App Settings but will revert to not w...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Offline songs does not work anymore

For the last few days I have not been able to download and play local files on my phone.I have local files on my pc which I have placed in my playlists which I have downloaded on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and it have been working until a few days ...

• Regular
  • For the last few days I have not been able to download and play local files on my phone. I have local files on my pc which I have placed in my playlists which I have downloaded on my phone (Samsung ...
  • Mattone99
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Prompted to "add payment method"

The spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 is prompting me to add a payment method to my account. The words on screen read: "You've downloaded 24 albums and playlists, Did you know thats a premium feature? Update your payment method asap to keep your mu...

• Casual Listener
  • The spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 is prompting me to add a payment method to my account. The words on screen read: "You've downloaded 24 albums and playlists, Did you know thats a premium featu...
  • edotpan
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes