Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

is the 30-min ad free period only once a day or what?

is the 30-min ad free period only once a day or what?

Plan

Free

Country

US

My Question or Issue

When I start playing a different playlist, usually once a day, it offers a video ad and then 30 minutes ad-free.

It goes the full 30 minutes, my issue isn't about the length.

After one 30-minute break, it begins playing 3-6 of the same video ads, 2 songs, then 3-6 more ads. It seems random, the number of ads. But it only ever plays 2 songs in a row after that.

The initial 30-minute break comes from watching just one of these ads.

If I put the app away for days, then play the same playlist where it left off, it does not offer a new 30-minute break. It will rather keep playing 3-6 ads every 2 songs for an infinite amount of time unless:

A) I change the playlist

B) after a long amount of downtime.

So how does the 30-minute break work? When is it supposed to trigger? Are you meant to be able to get it every 30-minutes? Is it once daily? Once daily per playlist?

If there is a way it's supposed to work I'm content, I just want to know, It's decently frustrating to have to change playlists simply to trigger the break. Thank you.

2 Replies

Hey @lawrencetokill,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

The ads on Spotify are triggered in a random way and may vary between markets. This means that any ad could be shown every certain time, when you change tracks, playlists, or even the device playing. However, we'll pass this information on to the relevant team; thank you for your feedback.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When I was on Free, I usually left playlist unplayed for hour when shopping food and it offered another 30 minutes.

Ad free right when I wanted to continue.

Suggested posts