Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

shuffle ALL songs in ALL playlists!!!

shuffle ALL songs in ALL playlists!!!

Right this is stupid, so you can't play all songs downloaded on random for all playlists! !!!!!!?????

That's just rubbish 😞
20 Replies

You could add all the playlists to one playlist folder and do it that way...

How is this done from my Samsung S3 android? I know its possible to do via spotify app on my mac but how is this possible in my phone? 🙂

@leddra3k wrote:
How is this done from my Samsung S3 android? I know its possible to do via spotify app on my mac but how is this possible in my phone? 🙂

On your desktop (Mac or Windows or Linux), make a new folder and place all your playlists in it.

Then on the Android app, select the folder on the playlists section, and at the top click the all tracks button - you can now play one, and it shuffle is enabled it will shuffle through all of them 🙂

Ok that's based on if you have access to your desktop 🙂 what if your on the go and want to just shuffle all music downloaded with out having to download them all again and point them all to one playlist 🙂 really I think there needs to be a feature request put in to have a "global" shuffle option for all music downloaded on an Android.

There is an automatic playlist called starred, if your just worried about the music that is on Spotify and not local you can try starring the music that you want and play it from that list. Not quite sure if this helps or even works the way that I'm thinking, but you could give it a try.

Dell XPS Duel core laptop, 4 gb ram, windows vista, winamp
Samsung Galaxy s3
Ipod 32gb 5th generation

That Global Shuffel idea would be a nice feature. I know I was able to do that on Rhapsody when I was using an MP3 player, but I haven't seen any Android apps that allow that. 

Used to be able to do on the old spotify app too until the new version was released last year. This is another of the common requested features to be reintroduced
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Ok, I may be being dum here, but i cannot even find the shuffle tab / button for a single playlist, does it exist.

When you get the small now-playing bar at the bottom of the screen tap it to open full-screen view and the option is on there
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks, simple really, but not to easy to see.

I am one of the dummies who couldn't even figure out how to shuffle one playlist.  Thank you for your help.

You could before the update, I LOVED to do that, it made a giant jukebox, it gave Spotify a function that Ipod easily has .....

I miss that function a LOT....

I agree 100%.... Anything I can do to add my voice to the request for this feature to be returned?

There is no option on the Android app to Shuffle.

There is also no real way to Shuffle between playLists.  So I have created one Folder called ALL Music and put everything in a Playlist and then in All Music and Shuffle that on my Desktop. 

It appears that the Shuffle functionality MUST be improved for spotify in two areas. 

1.  A Global Shuffle on the Desktop needs added.

2.  Shuffle and preferably a Global Shuffle needs added to the Android App.

Great app, just disappointing that I can't really use it on my Android at all.

Is there not a shuffle playlist button on the "Now Playing" screen of the android application? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@riley9282 wrote:

There is no option on the Android app to Shuffle.

There is also no real way to Shuffle between playLists.  So I have created one Folder called ALL Music and put everything in a Playlist and then in All Music and Shuffle that on my Desktop. 

It appears that the Shuffle functionality MUST be improved for spotify in two areas. 

1.  A Global Shuffle on the Desktop needs added.

2.  Shuffle and preferably a Global Shuffle needs added to the Android App.

Great app, just disappointing that I can't really use it on my Android at all.

If you want to shuffle play everything on your desktop client, you can do so by selecting "Library" in the left panel then play with the shuffle switch enabled.

Thanks Joe.  Do you know how I can shuffle on my Phone?

@riley9282 wrote:

Thanks Joe.  Do you know how I can shuffle on my Phone?

I tried shaking mine vigorously but nothing happened 😞  Add your support to this feature request in the ideas forum 🙂

So as from my very first post earlier this year....we are now near to the end of 2013 and we still dont have a global shuffle to shuffle all downloaded content on Android devices 😞

I do not want to go to a PC/Mac to organise this. I need to do this on the go! 

Just a feature like "Party Shuffle" "All Playlist Shuffle" and you will have lots and lots of happy customers! 🙂

Ta and Merry Xmas!

Suggested posts