Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App & Features

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Looking for Help with App & Features?

Please see our Help boards to post your help-related questions. For questions about content in Spotify, see Content Questions. For questions about your account, see Account. For questions about your plan, see Premium Family and Premium Student. For q...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

New releases

My list of "new releases" is absolute rubbish. I'm sure that it's more than Norwegians and Swedes that release new music each week... Why isn't there an option to browse ALL new relaeses on Spotify? The algorithms on my account has gone completely ha...

• Visitor
  • My list of "new releases" is absolute rubbish. I'm sure that it's more than Norwegians and Swedes that release new music each week... Why isn't there an option to browse ALL new relaeses on Spotify? ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify normalization mystery

Is there anybody who can explain the Spotify normalization mystery?I mean..... Downloading some of the hits on Spotify I discovered that all of them are far beyond the LUFS limit which Spotify itself asks for its system. (I found some tracks arriving...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there anybody who can explain the Spotify normalization mystery? I mean..... Downloading some of the hits on Spotify I discovered that all of them are far beyond the LUFS limit which Spotify itse...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Statistics on normalization

Hello everyone,This is a long shot, but I'm looking for statistics on normalization usage. Basically I want to know how many users are listening to Spotify content normalized vs users listening to the same content unnormalized, whether because they h...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone, This is a long shot, but I'm looking for statistics on normalization usage. Basically I want to know how many users are listening to Spotify content normalized vs users listening to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Bug] New library doesn't save view preferences after restart

At the top of the Library view, there are 4 preferences: "Playlists" "Artists" "Albums" and "Downloaded".Whenever I choose one of them, I would like for that preference to stay. However, when I reboot the app by hitting "close all apps" then I reopen...

• Casual Listener
  • At the top of the Library view, there are 4 preferences: "Playlists" "Artists" "Albums" and "Downloaded". Whenever I choose one of them, I would like for that preference to stay. However, when I reb...
  • blvckvv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • App & Features
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on MacOs Big Sur Doesnt work

I just got the new software by apple MacOs big sur, and my spotify just show me a black window! the app its open but it just keep on black. Please someone help me, im a dj so i really need the app working

Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-27 a la(s) 10.40.01.png Captura de Pantalla 2021-05-27 a la(s) 10.39.53.png
  • I just got the new software by apple MacOs big sur, and my spotify just show me a black window! the app its open but it just keep on black. Please someone help me, im a dj so i really need the app wo...
  • blvckvv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Order/Sort playlist in Desktop APP. Is there a way?

If you are using the desktop app you know that the playlists are in the left side. However, it is ordered by recently created. Is there a way to change that? Maybe to sort by name? Should I post this as an idea?

• Music Fan
  • If you are using the desktop app you know that the playlists are in the left side.  However, it is ordered by recently created.  Is there a way to change that? Maybe to sort by name? &nb...
  • blvckvv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I want to find where i placed my tracks!

My IssueHow can i know in which playlist i added a song?Sugestion:Add an option/filter to search for music or artists between your playlists and albuns, so that you can find that one you like but dont remember where you placed it...Thanks in advance

• Casual Listener
  • My Issue How can i know in which playlist i added a song? Sugestion: Add an option/filter to search for music or artists between your playlists and albuns, so that you can find that one you like...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Artist - Is it number of streams? Or minutes played?

I am not sure where to as this, but I assume it might fall under "Apps and Features" so is my top artist based off of the amount of times I've streamed them? Or how many minutes I've listened to them? Thanks

• Visitor
  • I am not sure where to as this, but I assume it might fall under "Apps and Features" so is my top artist based off of the amount of times I've streamed them? Or how many minutes I've listened to them...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a feature in spotify to slowdown playback?

It would be great if Spotify had a way to slowdown playback speed like in Youtube where you use the gear, playback speed.As a musician, it would be nice quickly be able to do this on spotify without needing to use something like Transcribe! which req...

• Visitor
  • It would be great if Spotify had a way to slowdown playback speed like in Youtube where you use the gear, playback speed. As a musician, it would be nice quickly be able to do this on spotify withou...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Where is audio normalization option?

Why cant' I find the Settings menu where I can disable the audio normalization?What I miss?

• Casual Listener
  • Why cant' I find the Settings menu where I can disable the audio normalization? What I miss?      
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

GUI: Which staff member(s) thought it was a good idea to remove sorting by artist name??

...and why did you leave "sort by album" in? This new design is awful! I tried finding a song, but couldn't remember the name - only the artist. Of course, letting me go to my library and click "Artist" at the top is no longer possible, I can only so...

• Casual Listener
  • ...and why did you leave "sort by album" in?   This new design is awful!   I tried finding a song, but couldn't remember the name - only the artist. Of course, letting me go to my libra...
  • SptifySuxFixIt
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

2021 bring back typed search when adding songs to playlist

Hello,This is more of a complaint but really hope this feature comes back in future versions. For folks with a lot of playlists, whenever you want to add a song to an existing playlist you used to be able to begin typing the name of the desired playl...

• Hello, This is more of a complaint but really hope this feature comes back in future versions. For folks with a lot of playlists, whenever you want to add a song to an existing playlist you used to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Having trouble shuffling big playlists

Heypa! Is anyone else in the situation where they cannot shuffle big playlists? I have this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3nGWUmXJb85LkwCCiuPGED?si=BQ0UkABqQhCWqH5tl1dAhw&utm_source=copy-link That I cannot shuffle by simply pressing the...

• Gig Goer
  • Heypa!   Is anyone else in the situation where they cannot shuffle big playlists?   I have this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3nGWUmXJb85LkwCCiuPGED?si=BQ0UkABqQhCWqH5tl1d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New Discovered on section of Spotify

Hello.I know, that new Spotify has a lot bad things, but maybe You'll agree, that new Discovered on section is better, than previous. There were only couple of playlists and nothing else.So, I'll keep this design of discovered on and also new podcast...

• Roadie
  • Hello. I know, that new Spotify has a lot bad things, but maybe You'll agree, that new Discovered on section is better, than previous. There were only couple of playlists and nothing else. So, I'll...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tool to put artists onto a map?

Bit of a long shot.. I'm after a tool that lets me plug in a playlist link, and it'll stick pins on a map for where each artist is from. I think someone once made a similar tool but it's now disappeared. Any ideas?!

• Casual Listener
  • Bit of a long shot..   I'm after a tool that lets me plug in a playlist link, and it'll stick pins on a map for where each artist is from.  I think someone once made a similar tool but it...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Is there a way to shut off suggested music?

I'm a family man that loves music. My kids don't know just how good they've got it! But I have a problem. They are 12, 10 and 8. So when it's their turn to just chill out and listen to some music - the "suggested" music often has album art which I pe...

• Music Fan
  • I'm a family man that loves music.  My kids don't know just how good they've got it!    But I have a problem.  They are 12, 10 and 8.   So when it's their turn to jus...
  • Splatifyisbuggy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes

What is the official way to stream a song to increase it's play count?

So, I've been trying to find out how to stream a song officially to help increase the number count of plays for a song but I'm not sure about what the actual specific rules there are for it. I do know that for a play to count, it has to be at least 3...

• Visitor
  • So, I've been trying to find out how to stream a song officially to help increase the number count of plays for a song but I'm not sure about what the actual specific rules there are for it. I do kno...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Apple Watch

When Will Spotify Will Be Available Without Needing An iPhone? Signed An Enthousiastic Fitness(er)

• When Will Spotify Will Be Available Without Needing An iPhone?   Signed An Enthousiastic Fitness(er)
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Sort Playlist by Date Added

The feature to sort your playlist songs by date added now sorts them from OLDEST to NEWEST when before it would conveniently show the NEWEST songs added first. This is just another addition to the terrible redesigns that Spotify has done in their rec...

• Casual Listener
  • The feature to sort your playlist songs by date added now sorts them from OLDEST to NEWEST when before it would conveniently show the NEWEST songs added first. This is just another addition to the te...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Manage what songs/playlists is used for "playlists made for you"

I really enjoy the "playlists made for you" feature. However my issue is that when I go to bed I often listen "white noise" and often when I work I listen to electro (or classical) playlists because that really helps me to focus. Now I have noticed t...

• Casual Listener
  • I really enjoy the "playlists made for you" feature. However my issue is that when I go to bed I often listen "white noise" and often when I work I listen to electro (or classical) playlists because ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes