[CONTEST] The Monthly Mixtape

[CONTEST] The Monthly Mixtape

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

This contest is being run by the Spotify Community Rock Stars @Mattosaurus and @LordRollin, not Spotify staff. If you're interested in learning more about being a Rock Star then please click the link. 

Hello everyone and welcome to the Monthly Mixtape, a brand new contest coming to The Green Room. Everyone on the Monthly Mixtape team is excited to see what awesome contributions the Community is going to make. We hope that everyone will be able to discover great new music and amazing playlists for whatever situation they come across.

So, what is it?

We’re glad you asked! The Monthly Mixtape is a contest for the Community, run by a few Community members that will start the first Monday of every month and will stay open for three weeks. We’re looking for you to submit songs (up to three per person) to create the perfect playlist that fits that month’s theme.

Sounds pretty cool. Then what happens?

A group of Community members will listen to every single submission and then vote on their favorite song. The top 20 or so songs that receive the most votes will be added to that month’s playlist (called the Monthly Mixtape), and then it will be released to the public for the pleasure of everyone’s ears.

Awesome! This is a contest, so there must be a prize, right?

Of course there is! The song that receives the most votes from those chosen for the playlist will be dubbed as the “best” song of that month. The individual(s) who submitted the song will then be featured ina  Mixtape blog post at the end of the month, which will highlight their contribution to the contest, along will their favorite playlists (yes, it can be a playlist you've curated).

So what is this month’s theme?

The theme for this month is "Pool Party" and you have from August 3rd to August 24th to submit the songs you think are perfect for this month’s theme here in this thread. Good luck to everyone--our eardrums can’t wait to hear what happens!

---Other Questions---

Are Staff/Rock Stars allowed to participate? Yes

What if more than one person submits the same song? Then all the individuals who suggested that song will be included.

What if I have more than three songs I want to submit? That’s great, but to keep everything fair, as well as we don't want to kill the judges, only the first three will be considered.

What if I change my mind and want to change my entries? No worries, as long as it’s within the three weeks. Just edit your thread (don’t make a new one, the second one won’t be considered!) and make whatever changes you want. Be careful though, if you edit anything past the entry window your entire post will be disqualified.

Any other questions? Get in touch with @Mattosaurus , @LordRollin , @wahoo650 , or @diestro, your wonderful and lovely community contest managers.

77 Replies

frecklesforsale
Regular

Love the Shots remix.  Nice choice!

as_luis

Is there a way that every comunicate please help us with less words and more images?

Thanks!!

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

Hey there @as_luis

What do you mean?

bluemovie
Casual Listener

The Steve Aoki remix of Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi

awesomeraymond1

swimming by kotomi  🙂

BryanC_avidmuso
Gig Goer

Why not? It was a very pool related song....
Fabulous (High School Musical 2) by Disney

BryanC_avidmuso
Gig Goer

Fabulous (High School Musical) by Disney

Why not? Cheesy and Clique, but very pool related...

https://open.spotify.com/track/3rOZeI5hivRZ2uNEzqb1N1

luccas-v
Casual Listener

My suggestions:

1: Can I (and the rest of the Urban Flora EP), by Alina Baraz and Galimatias

https://open.spotify.com/track/5kTx5PWQYF5ARuIVbkQalW

https://open.spotify.com/album/1MDXXd7ea47KCYOfHww6En

2: Where Are Ü Now, by Jack Ü (Skrillex and Diplo), ft. Justin Bieber

https://open.spotify.com/track/66hayvUbTotekKU3H4ta1f

3: The Hills, by The Weeknd

https://open.spotify.com/track/0ysmhSqZrkiRkRH4mH8rDn

4: Lean On, by Diplo ft. MØ

https://open.spotify.com/track/4vS8VaBwJJV5Ry7UFIQuoo

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

Hey there @luccas-v!

The judges can only listen to 3 songs submitted by one person. Which of yours would you choose? 

luccas-v
Casual Listener

Can I, Where Are Ü Now, and Lean On.

Should I edit my post and delete the others?

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

@luccas-v

Thanks! You can keep all the songs you had listed, we know which ones to judge. 

blake
Community Legend

stig2009
Roadie

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

Hello everyone! It's now passed Monday so submitting to this months contest is now closed. We had a great turnout for the first time doing this (6 pages!) and I think we got some great songs. 

@stig2009 Unfourtenently, it's past the submission date for this month, so we can't count this. Do you want me to let you know when the next one goes live?

stig2009
Roadie

hey yeah that would be great cheers 

AJmarie
Casual Listener

MY ANSWER  TO THE QUESTION/CONTEST FOR TODAY WOULD HAVE TO BE:

HANKY PANKY!

Please advise where I am to respond to contest questions. There was a link, however, upon tapping it I saw no clear indication showing where the answer was to be keyed. Thus, I chose to simply respond here and hope, with crossed fingers, that my answer would in fact get to the appropriate place.

Thank you,

AJmarie

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

Hey there @AJmarie!

Unfortunately, it's past the submission date for this month, so we can't count this. Do you want me to let you know when the next one goes live?

AJmarie
Casual Listener

Yes, I would appreciate it greatly. I have come to the end of a 3 month trial membership. I have every intention of becoming a premium member at the beginning of September. However, as of now I cannot even find my original page free or premium. I had saved many playlists, favorite artists' music, etc.. I have not been successful in finding my original page since I first signed up for Spotify. The page about which I speak was the first one opened whenever I signed into Spotify. Can you suggest any options that may take me back or allow me to recover my original spotify page?

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

@AJmarie

Sorry I don't understand, but what do you mean 'original page'?

SUGGESTED POSTS