Can't find Facebook friend who has Spotify

Solved!

Can't find Facebook friend who has Spotify

paul_cav
Casual Listener

Hi

I want to follow a facebook friend on Spotify - However only a few of my facebook friends show on spotify - this guy definately has spotify but doesn't show on my list of FB friends to follow.

How can I find him on Spotify?  I have tried all the Spotify tutorials (I don't always seem to have the buttons/functions mentioned though).

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend
Easiest way to do it is to log into your online overview and get your numerical username:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

On your friends Spotify, you can then easily find your profile by searching for:
spotify:user:<your username>

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend
Did you include the "spotify:user" part?

Peter

13 Replies

Christoffer
Community Legend
Does he have a Spotify username so you could search for him by typing spotify:user:username in the search box?
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

paul_cav
Casual Listener

sorted

thanks

JuanPablo
Regular

Hey! I'm trying to find myself on a friend's account but I can't. I've a Facebook account, I type my Facebook name and I shows me this message: "No search results for ****** *******." Please if someone had the same problem or even knows how to solve it, help me!! : )

Peter__
Community Legend
Does your friend have Facebook (and you are friends on Facebook) or are you searching for a username?

Peter

JuanPablo
Regular

Peter, I have a Facebook account, but the account in which I'm trying to find mine, is a Spotify account made with a Gmail account.

Thanks for replying!! 🙂

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend
Easiest way to do it is to log into your online overview and get your numerical username:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

On your friends Spotify, you can then easily find your profile by searching for:
spotify:user:<your username>

Peter

JuanPablo
Regular

I've searched before by the numerical username on the "Search" bar, but I've no results. Anyway I will try again. I think it´s me haha

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend
Did you include the "spotify:user" part?

Peter

JuanPablo
Regular

I'm really grateful for your help!!! : )

MarcosBrigante
Use a numerical ID? What the hell are you guys thinking? Just fix the broken search, we're on 2015 come on

esteechan

HI there! 

I can't see my facebook friends on the search box, it says here 0 friends on Spotify (which is impossible.)

I also can't find my numerical username.

I always log in to Spotify through my Facebook account.

Please help! Many thanks!! xxx

Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 11.52.31 AM.png

tuncayuygun

I can't find my facebook friends on spotify, It is so bad. We are on 2017 and still faceing this types of problems. I pay every mont for premium, can you help me

lakurucz
I had the same problem. Let me write my solution here because I believe many users did the same what I did at the registration when I connected with my Fb account.

When it came to "continue with my Fb account" I clicked on the Edit field and selected visibility "Only me". Then The number of Facebook friends that Spotify can display is 0.

So first I had to go back to Facebook settings/Apps/Logged in with Facebook, looked for Spotify and changed it to be visible for all my friends.

The next and last step was to logout from Spotify on all devices, then log in again, see the friends list and... surprize, there were all of them!
SUGGESTED POSTS