Do listenings count in offline mode?

Solved!

Do listenings count in offline mode?

Gustafurs

Simple question: If I listen to a song in offline mode, does it count for the top 10 songs by the artist and do the artists get payed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @Gustafurs, welcome to the community!

Listening in offline mode still gets logged and once you go online the data is automatically sent to Spotify. The data still counts for your top tracks and artists still get paid. 🙂

Artists and record labels would throw a fit if they weren't being logged lol.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Solution!

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @Gustafurs, welcome to the community!

Listening in offline mode still gets logged and once you go online the data is automatically sent to Spotify. The data still counts for your top tracks and artists still get paid. 🙂

Artists and record labels would throw a fit if they weren't being logged lol.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Peter__
Community Legend
Yup, all track plays on Spotify are recorded.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

timvandijk92

Hi Merik and others,

Does this also apply for the user statistics ('wrap up' at the end of the year)? In other words: are the listening minutes that took place in offline mode added to the total  listening minutes?

Thank you in advance.

Tim

SkinnyRik

Was wondering the same thing, but i'm guessing it will. Since wrapped probably fully automatically scrapes the stats from your spotify data, it would be harder to exclude it than to include it I guess. (But I am not sure about this)

zisforzorro
Casual Listener

I'm compiling statistics for my group of friends and was wondering the same thing! Here's what I found on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/7ho24e/spotifys_2017_wrapped_feature_has_been_officially/d...

The consensus is: maybe? I only have 7800 minutes played. Seems too low. Something's going on. Share your anecdotal experience.

I also started a new thread about this here, hoping a new thread might get noticed easier by staff:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/2017-WrapUp-amp-does-it-count-Offline...

prettyloud

I just wondered about Wrapped as well, as my result didn't seemed to be representative. Any feedback from Spotify?

SUGGESTED POSTS