Too many cover bands

Too many cover bands

hk_phooey

When searching for music, there are too many cover bands returned that are higher up the results than the original. It's bloody annoying and makes Spotify look like a cheap option. Why am I paying premium price to listen to amateur cover bands?

Also the search results are inconsistent. Try searching for New Order and you get one live album, and that's it. The rest are cover songs.

5 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

When I search for New Order I get a whole raft of content, so I'm guessing it is down to licensing issues its not available for you. 

As for the cover bands, Spotify want to have all music available on the service, that includes cover bands and they will never filter those out. There are however some feature request topics which want to change how results for these bands are displayed, such as this main one so be sure to add your kudos and comments of support there. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Olly_R
Music Fan

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! Most of the best Beatles songs aren't on spotify, it's just tributes!                                                                                                      

Peter__
Community Legend

Unfortunately licensing for The Beatles content is a bit of a mess from what I understand. I wouldn't expect to see any of their content on Spotify for a while!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

MarcusG
Roadie

yeah usually it's to do with the licensing, for example Led Zep and the Beatles record companies won't let them be put on spotify, but the cover bands can apply to upload their music without that hassle

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

If you do not like cover, karaoke or tribute bands, just add kudos to my idea http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Show-cover-karaoke-bands-after-originals/idi-p/170368

And remember, Why Don't You Play Louder (Fortezza Remix)?

Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS