Listening history across all devices

I have Spotify on PCs at home and work.  I noticed that the "History" section in the "Play Queue" is limited to songs played on that device.

It is my understading that a unified play queue is coming (http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Resume-playing-on-different-device/idi-p/15185).

I think it would be good to unified play history.

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. It's also been a sub point of another idea here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Usable-History/idi-p/40321 but I think it's worth to have a seperate idea for that, especially now with Spotify Connect rolling out, as you mentioned. 😉
boss_slave
Regular

Hi

I just found out that the play history is device-specific anfte spending half an hour looking for a song on PC A that had been played on PC B.

A unified play history (that could be filtered by device) is a good idea.

Given Spotify's usual track record for responding to customer feedback, I presume we will never see it! 

I feel a rant coming on....

Humph!

andreaskaestel
Casual Listener

This is a good idea to allow you to pickup listening where you left off on another device

Dude1
Roadie

Can't wait for this to be implemented.

Either sync Play Queue accross devices or at least being able to see the Play Queue of the device in the mobile version.

copemonster
Roadie

Any update on this? We sort-of have the universal play queue now, how about the history! 

szpowell
Casual Listener

Man, that would be great. Since Spotify is such a multi-platform app, and since so many of us use it on different devices at different times of the day and week, it seems like it would be a great idea. Also since only one user is using any one device at a time, it would seem pretty simple. Please make this a priority, Spotify.

kutubaran

Great idea, for last several days I was trying to figure out why my recently played songs on my phone and history on my desktop don't match and now I see why.

LucaTNT

Please, please, please!

This would be invaluable!

jfrench

Coming from Rdio, I was surprised this behavior wasn't the default. A unified queue and history across all devices sharing an account makes much more sense to me.

Mister_Sherman

Rdio had this, loved Rdio. Settling with spotify this is a very noticeable loss. I naturally walk from my car to the office and want to continue listening to the same thing.