[Pioneer] Spotify Connect on Pioneer Devices

I'm here on behalf of all who feel betrayed by Spotify (see https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/002/page/1/thread-id/33911). You REMOVED the #SpotifyConnect support to my Pioneer speakers (and to those of A LOT of people out there) without a proper explanation. Suddenly we have USELESS speakers in our homes, and it's not our fault. We're here to ask you to reconsider your actions. We will stop using Spotify (and we won't renew the Premium subscription) until this problem has been fixed. 

Comments
FreakinScreamer
Regular

I do understand you guys' frustration with this, but I honestly feel that there are so many fantastic ways to connect your Spotify tunes to a receiver that it's not that big of a deal.  Try an Echo, or any other Bluetooth receiver.  I'm sure there is a way to get a connection to your speakers.

LeoRager
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-02-25

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Marked as new idea 🙂
/L

sambojc
Regular

It's insulting the way Spotify is handling this, stringing people along hoping it will go away.

There's is a lot of people with this problem and we will not go away. We want it fixed!

sambojc
Regular

This is a change.org page regarding this matter please join

Hello,

I just started the petition "Spotify: Bring back Spotify supported for speakers" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

http://chn.ge/2osTF3b

Thanks!
Jose

Johnk82swe
Casual Listener

A lot of people (such as myself) bought Pioneer receivers for no other purpose than the Spotify Connect support. So this is really crappy. I've been a paying Spotify customer since 2008 when the iPhone app came out and for the first time I'm thinking about moving to another platform.

djaychirp

This is marked as a new idea. Just amazing to see a few votes on this important topic. 

How’d you feel if your 2yr old TV stops accepting HDMI inputs and only used antenna due to the manufacturer removing support for it!

This is a simple and plain regression bug and should be addressed as such. 

Pavelgrinshpun

Hello 

Was it solved by Spotify?

I bought my receiver only because it was adver. as Spotify compatible

Please advise!!!

Pavel

5tratocaster
Regular

The more I think about it, the more I'm persuaded that it's a Pioneer problem, not Spotify's. By that, I mean I think it's Pioneer who has to take the responsibility to fix this. After all, that is what Yamaha, Denon and Marantz have done by updating their firmware. It's only Pioneer and Onkyo who haven't agreed to do that (yet).

Rather than complaining to Spotify, we should be leaning on Pioneer to continue support for their products.

beaconblazer
Casual Listener

Totally agree. My device stopped and it not on the Pioneer Kill List. Its not a speak but a CD Network reciever.

I have also voted and emailed #DanielEk

Rjcal
Casual Listener

I will be looking at Amazon music now.  Will likely dump spotify as they **bleep** us by eliminating connect for my Pioneer. Doesnt even work with google chromecast..

....what a joke!