Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't UN-subscribe from Newsletter

Can't UN-subscribe from Newsletter

I've contacted Spotify via Email but they chose to send me an automated reply! Just like when I tried to cancel. 

Basically when I un-tick the button that says 'Please send me Spotify news by e-mail' the email field goes red and says this when I click save : Another account is already registered with this email address.

This doesn't make any sense, I'm logged into my account and am under the my profile section, trying to untick from receiving emails from Spotify. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards.

9 Replies

Hi Pgstyle - We've just looked into this and seems you made another account via your Facebook. 

Not to worry, I've removed that extra account for you now. Please try updating those email settings one more time. Should go smoothly this time. 

I'm having the same issue. Will you please help?

thanks,

dp

Hi User- Please see my post on the bottom of this page for steps on sorting this out. 

Can someone from Spotify stop the newsletters please? I think I only have the facebook login, but it doesnt stop after deactivating the news...

Hey there. Looks like it's just the one account, so this is good. Your settings are set to not send an emails. Did you click 'Unsubscribe' near the end of the newsletter itself?

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Hi and thanks for quick answer, yes .. I hit the unsubscribe button about 10 times now, since weeks/months. And I also continued on the upcoming page by hitting the confirmation link.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Could you PM me the email address the newsletters are being sent to? I'll have a closer look.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Still getting the exact same problem 'Another account is already registered with this email address.' 

PLEASE sort this out as again today I've received another email suggesting new music of Genres I NEVER listen to. 

Edit : I do not have a Facebook account, I may have done when I joined Spotify, however I deleted this account years ago. There is no way I can put a Facebook login in for something I don't have. 

@Pgstyle wrote:

Still getting the exact same problem 'Another account is already registered with this email address.' 

PLEASE sort this out as again today I've received another email suggesting new music of Genres I NEVER listen to. 

Edit : I do not have a Facebook account, I may have done when I joined Spotify, however I deleted this account years ago. There is no way I can put a Facebook login in for something I don't have. 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get that sorted out for you. Knowingly or not, that error message is the red flag for a duplicate account in the system somewhere, the team should be able to zap it in no time 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts