Duo Premium

Country

United States

Device

Microsoft Edge / Mozilla Firefox

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am not able to listen to NYT The Daily podcast with the Spotify web player on Microsoft Edge or Firefox.  Whenever I try to play an episode, it just skips to the next newer episode, until it reaches the newest episode, but then doesn't play it. This happens with no other podcast for me. I'm able to listen to other podcasts with and without video, right after attempting to listen to The Daily. I have tried clearing my cookies and cache, but that doesn't help. When controlling Spotify from my phone, and outputting the sound to browser, it skips the podcasts, but if just playing through my phone it is fine

Is something about this podcast bugged or blocked on my end? Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take? I mostly just find it weird this is the only podcast this happens with. Unfortunately, I am on a company computer so I'm not able to download the desktop application and my service isn't good in the building so using my phone isn't a viable option. 

1 Reply

Hi there @notjohncrowder,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This is most likely happening because of some networking restrictions on your work PC. Since some podcasts are not hosted directly on Spotify, but are streamed from other platforms, this might cause such issues. 

You can try the following:

• Disconnect and re-connect your PC to the network
  • Try logging out and back in the web player
  • Clear the browser cache & cookies and check for any pending updates
  • Try using Google Chrome if possible

If none of that helps, one alternative is to download the podcast episodes on your phone, while you're at home and listen to those at your workplace. Note: you have to switch on Offline Mode from the mobile app settings in order to play downloaded content. 

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts