Access to Premium trial for Unlimited subscribers

I'm an Unlimited subscriber, and I'd like to know if higher bitrate audio will make a significant difference, given my sound setup. If it does, the result will be that I pay Spotify twice as much every month.

Spotify has run a 30 day (or 60-day, if you timed it right,) Premium trial in the past, but only to non-subscribers. This seems a bit silly -- don't you want customers to upgrade their service?

Alternately, you could post a few snippets of music in both 160k and 320k Ogg Vorbis, available for streaming to anyone through the Spotify app. This could help people make the decsion as to which service they prefer.

Posted June 25, 2009:

"Initially, not all tracks will be available at the higher bit rate. We’ve begun converting the most...

So... what, exactly does this mean in 2013? 20%? 50%? 75%?  I don't listen to a lot of very popular music. Does this mean that a Premium subscription would be largely pointless for me?

Thanks for listening.

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Access-to-premium-quality-320K-tracks-for-testing-tria...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
Jude
Spotify Legend

You have posted a quote from over three years ago. All tracks are now available at high bitrate.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Access-to-premium-quality-320K-tracks-for-testing-tria...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!