Add search option on Smartwatch Platforms

Anyone that owns a smartwatch running Wear OS, Tizen OS or WatchOS knows how frustrating it is to search a song natively in the app. I feel that the Smartwatch platform could be perfected if a search option is added. For example, the user could use either voice recognition or keyboard swipe text included in these watches. Thank you Spotify.

Updated on 2021-09-30

Hey @FoxageX 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-04

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

FoxageX

In the (latest) TizenOS version search function has been added although the voice input doesn't work well in stand-alone mode (I guess the voice input can't handle different languages e.g. English songnames in German watch settings).

I miss the search function in the new Wear OS app.

For me, searching songs directly via smartwach without smartphone is a must. Hope this will be added soon.  

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-09-30

Hey @FoxageX 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

andremainieri

I suggest to enable the SEARCH option on Spotify when using it in a Galaxy Watch4(LTE). I can only play songs that are in my liked/favorites so far when I go out for running. 

cunagejo
Visitor

add the search option so that we can search and play any song just like apple music. Because this feature is not there I find taking Spotify premium as a waste of money and find apple music far better with more features and less cost so pls try to improve your app if u want to increase the number of people taking Spotify premium and the other issue is that account is getting suspended without any reason so u need to fix that. 

Soumya3

I think a Search option must be added to Spotify in order to search songs in Galaxy Watch 4.