Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Allow “hide song” function to sync across ALL devices and ALL playlists

I often use my iPad, via mobile hotspot, as a “remote control” for the Spotify app running on my iPhone (which has the data plan). This allows me to switch tracks, like music, etc. while working on the iPad without having to use my limited mobile hotspot data.

However, “hiding” a track from a list (daily mix, radio etc.) does not transfer from the iPad’s playlist to the current playlist running on the iPhone. Therefore, ”hide song” also does not force a skip to the next track.  Similarly, hidden tracks on the iPhone are not displayed as such on the iPad. This makes curating lists of music using multiple devices frustrating at best. It’s important to note that “liking” a track does in fact immediately sync to the other devices and therefore hiding a track should also be possible. Thank You.

Add on: Also, please fix “hide song” so that it syncs to all playlists throughout my account.  If I don’t want to hear a song, I NEVER want to hear it again.  This alone makes listening to multiple Daily Mixes unbearably annoying at times.

Updated on 2023-02-04

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments

Please, I beg you. This is a must when listening to music at home!

MustafaAlbazy

This is feature is needed asap .. common Spotify

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

IHS15

If the majority of users knew they had to seek out a old school forum to vote on this obvious idea, then I'm sure they would. As it is it just gets closed because we the users aren't vocal enough, apparently. 

Liam4eg

Please, fix this awful bug! How is that possible that we have to vote for a bug to be fixed?
I have used this function since it was implemented, but what will happen when I will change my phone?
Thousands of my hidden songs will be lost!

Liam4eg

Also, I agree with others, that most users just don't know that they have to use some forum for voting (or don't want to spend time for this), they just use the app and silently suffer while using it (I know it from reading many comments, learning from people I know, from coworkers that use some software daily and just suffer from bugs and incompleteness because they don't have a choice or hard to switch), that doesn't mean obvious bugs doesn't have to be fixed because of some votes no one knows about!

hodge007

given that i can't even stop artists from being played when using spotify on my laptop ... where i have spotify running while i work ... then what's the point of me hiding the artists on my phone .... ???
seriously, this makes no sense.

p44-om4k3d_3

Didn't find this until the issue was already marked as closed. This has bothered me for a long time and I just hadn't thought to trace it to an idea in this forum. Hide song absolutely needs to sync across all playlists and devices. The current implementation is inconvenient and unpopular even among more common users who wouldn't seek out this forum. Please reopen this and fix it!

Shorusai

Hey @p44-om4k3d_3

This thread might be related

Since the hide function is called "remove" on the desktop apps, and is nonexistent for most of the content, except weekly and playlist-radios for own playlists, it figures, that it doesn't sync either.

Unfortunately this issue is being kept ignored, though marked as good idea for over 2 years now.

But yes, the issue persists, that it's usually only for the playlist/radio youre listening to:
"alright. we won't play this song here on this station anymore"
(depending on the situation you might not want a certain genre in a certain radio playlist, there it makes sense, but if it's a song you absolutely despise and never want to hear again, theres no way of actually blocking it for good)

neojester22

There is no way to hide a song on a smart speaker. Nest mini speakers can play Spotify tracks but can't hide.