Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments
ScottAndMin

This inability to flip album display chronological order is a constant annoyance for me. Playing albums in chronological order is something I very frequently want to do. Instead I have to either go through the process of manually creating a playlist (for something I may never listen to again), or I have to keep diverting attention away from whatever I'm working on to click on the previous album.

In posting about this, I noticed that there were a number of other users whose post was closed, since it was a duplicate of this one. So it seems that this is a common ask from your users. This should be trivial to do, so I'm wondering if you don't _want_ users doing this for cost/royaltee reasons? If that's the case, I wish you'd make that clear. At least us subscribers would know why you won't implement a trivial and frequently requested minor feature change.

Jéjé

Hello. October 2021 here.

I'm stunned that there is no a simple list of all songs when you are on an artist page.

I see two big problems that go against a good user experience:

1) Let's stay I'm on the Bon Jovi's page on Spotify :

• On PC/Mac, I can only see the 10 most popular songs.
  • On mobile, I can only see the 5 (seriously?) most popular songs. 5 songs? My screen is big enough to display 10 names you know, and in the worst case, I have a finger to scroll. This list allows us to quickly discover popular songs that we have maybe never heard, so why only 5 popular songs on mobile?

2) There is no complete list of an artist's songs. Why?

Your current way of displaying songs only through albums is not at all ergonomic,  practical or user friendly! It is an incredible waste of time. Especially since an album may contain duplicated songs of another album, which wastes even more of our time.

• If we want to search for a song whose name we can't remember, we have to go in and out of all the albums until we find it. After 5 albums we are fed up and we stop looking for the song we wanted. Never mind, we'll listen to a liked song. 
  • If we are curious and want to quickly discover an artist's songs, it is not possible. I don't want to go through every album. I want to be able to take a quick look at everything he's done in his life.

A simple list would save us a lot of time. Please, give us this list.

From my elderly mom: she doesn't use Spotify anymore because it takes too long to browse the albums. She also doesn't understand why there isn't a complete list of songs where you can click on "Play" directly. It should offer to sort by release date, popularity or album. And in this list, highlight the most listened to songs of the month in order to see what are the trends of the moment.

Willfulda

I'd also like to see something like this implemented on both desktop and iOS.  It could be included in the "See Discography" section with something like a "See all songs" button, which would then bring you to a page of all of this artist's songs.  This could then be sorted by popularity, release date, etc.  Another nice filter option would be an artist's songs vs songs that they appear in (for remixes and such).

doublerocker
I'm almost certain it's got something to do with streaming rights because NONE of the services have this feature.
Jheir10

All I want to be able to do is press a button and see all songs for a given artist… the whole catalog, then shuffle within that list without Spotify shuffling me off to another artist. If I hear unknown mortal orchestra come up one more time I’m going to lose it.

why can’t I view and listen to all of the cribs music? Considering leaving for Apple Music.

SilverPearl

Spotify used to offer the option to listen to all albums of a band one after another. Right now you can only listen to one, afterwards it automatically creates a list with similar bands. I miss this oder option! What if I wanna hear all albums of my favourite band? Please enable that again!

cluxter

Honestly the UX of Spotify is *SO* bad that I'm thinking about switching to Google Music. I can't take it anymore.

• Why can't I see more than the first 10 most popular songs?
  • Why can't I see all the songs of an artist by release dates?
  • Why do I have to right-click on the title of a song that I like and choose "Go to song radio" when I want to see something like "Find more songs like this one" instead? It doesn't make any sense.

None of this makes sense.

Please Spotify people, fix all this. These are the most basic functionalities we are looking for when we want to use your app. It's like getting a car and not finding a glove compartment. Even the shittiest cars have it. You don't even have it. Fix it now.

Please and thank you.

jodiet22

Will simply copy and paste Jéjé's post here because it exactly expresses my sentiments:

"I'm stunned that there is no a simple list of all songs when you are on an artist page.

I see two big problems that go against a good user experience:

1) Let's stay I'm on the Bon Jovi's page on Spotify :

• On PC/Mac, I can only see the 10 most popular songs.
  • On mobile, I can only see the 5 (seriously?) most popular songs. 5 songs? My screen is big enough to display 10 names you know, and in the worst case, I have a finger to scroll. This list allows us to quickly discover popular songs that we have maybe never heard, so why only 5 popular songs on mobile?

2) There is no complete list of an artist's songs. Why?

Your current way of displaying songs only through albums is not at all ergonomic,  practical or user friendly! It is an incredible waste of time. Especially since an album may contain duplicated songs of another album, which wastes even more of our time.

• If we want to search for a song whose name we can't remember, we have to go in and out of all the albums until we find it. After 5 albums we are fed up and we stop looking for the song we wanted. Never mind, we'll listen to a liked song. 
  • If we are curious and want to quickly discover an artist's songs, it is not possible. I don't want to go through every album. I want to be able to take a quick look at everything he's done in his life.

A simple list would save us a lot of time. Please, give us this list."

One more thing I would note is that on desktop if I am on the "All songs for X artist" page, Spotify will not play them in sequence. After the first song on the list is over, it goes to another proposed song that is similar to that song. There seems to be no user-friendly way for a listener to listen to all of an artist's songs in a row. I would assume this is a very highly coveted user flow, and strongly urge the team to consider prioritizing this feature. Thank you, team!

DrYalin

The reason is simply that Spotify wants you to listen what they want you to listen. They increase the count in new songs, so promote for the band and get paid. I switched back to youtube for songs. Audio quality is great and no promotion, greater archive. No need for spotify anymore.

mtimson

I can't believe this is not implemented. It is extremely basic. I want to see all songs by an artist. That's it. YouTube Music has it, I switched because my partner uses Spotify and we figured we should have a family plan. But I keep running into features that are missing and seem super basic. Will continue trying it but I am very close to switching us both back to YouTube music.