[All Platforms][Other] Advance Shuffle Options

It's been said plenty of times. 

Shuffle is left as a one time push for all users on all different music platforms.

(Previously used apple music before switching) 

We users have thousands of songs but feel as if the same few songs are playing at all times. 

People who rely on music for the workday were left with two options constantly skip to the next song or create a playlist that can get old quickly as well. 

There may be many solutions to the shuffle algorithm but nothing can give the user control like an "Advance Setting Tab" 

This tab can include option as 

" Don't play the same song for X days" 

"Don't play this artist for the rest of the day" 

"Don't play the same artist in a row" 

What if rules a variety of different rules can be stacked? 

if the person who is reading this is familiar with coding it would be like "if", "else" or "elif" statements in python. 

If Spotify could analyze a song BPM and energy level which I believe it can ( not sure) 

It would be interesting to see if a "shuffle playlist" based on a user library could be made using advanced shuffle settings like " play songs that have an energy level of 6 or higher. etc 

So many parameters can be made and no one I know of has a great shuffle algorithm.

( if I did I would be using their platform....maybe 😉 )

Spotify continually enhances UX. Would love to see the team turn something as simple as shuffle into something anyone could use and find joy in.

P.S extra idea I'm just going to through in here as an "Advance Shuffle" option 

Mixer mode-

Songs will blend and transition automatically into each other 

parameters used would be

-waveform transients 

- energy ( high frequencies, BPM, 

- a song arrangement AI? (seems possible) 

- genre 

Thanks ! 

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @KevsIdea!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Comments
Petya
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-08-09

Hey there @KevsIdea,

Thanks for submitting your idea! 

It has been marked as a new one and others can now vote for it!

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify, click here.

agrondin2
Casual Listener

Love this idea! Can you also vote for my idea here, it is very similar. 

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @KevsIdea!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂