Announcements

[All Platforms][Playlists] Sorting Songs on TV App

Please add an option for sorting songs in playlists for the TV App (Android TV, Apple TV etc.). It's really frustrating to scroll down to the recently added songs everytime.

Updated on 2022-01-20

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-07

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

davidwho1424

Nice, still can’t sort my songs, which is absolutely ridiculous. 

montymartin

Incredibly frustrating that I can’t adjust the playlist song order on the Apple TV app version of Spotify. The Apple TV Spotify app should have all the same capabilities as the iOS app version as many of us would love to use this app through our home theater systems which are usually the biggest sound systems in our home without having to use Bluetooth and the phone interface. I always set up my random playlist by date added so the newest songs are always at the top of the list, the default for the Apple TV app version is the oldest first with no options to re-organize playlist. Why is the Apple TV app so limited?

davidwho1424
Exactly!!

I can’t believe Spotify ignores this idea to add a sorting option on their application for other kinds of streaming platforms.
Adding a sorting function can make Spotify more attractive and well regarded, attracting more music lovers to their platform. 

Peder86

Seems like i cant vote on this?

VITracks

I have an app on my LG smart TV but my Playlists are all ordered from oldest added to the newest added which is at the bottom. It doesn't make sense whatsoever and there is no functionality to change it. SPOTIFY DO SOMETHING, IT'S THE SIMPLE SORTING FUNCTIONALITY WE ARE ASKING FOR! 

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @davidwho1424!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Bobba1

How Hard can it be? 

martelmungo

The Android auto one doesn't allow you to sort either nor does the Sony Bravia Google TV app allow you to they do offer an option to sort a to z but that's not what most people are going to be looking for or searching for just a specific song essentially all I can figure out is that you have to essentially create a playlist every time for your most recent songs it's ignorant the other option for the TV is to go get a browser and an access Spotify web version which you shouldn't have to do