Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Cerahvera

proudly made in paintproudly made in paintAn example, click on the plus to create a new bookmark int the playlist and when you hover over it you can see the name of the bookmark and when you click on it you play the song that is under the bookmark and through the rest of the playlist. You yourself have to create the bookmark so spotify doesn´t have to keep record of what song you just played in several playlists.

Tams33
  • Its kinda lame you dont have this yet. The playlist should note or return somehow to the last song played
IWantSunshine

Tams33

Exactly! Somebody from Spotify could really explain finally why this problem is so hard to solve that they haven't implemented it for years now...

It's absolutely unacceptable that Spotify doesn't have a basic feature like this. Even far inferior technologies like CD players have this kind of option. 

Let's say you are driving and you have a cassete or a CD player. You start up your car, turn on the radio, and your music continues playing where you left it off. With cassetes this is always the case (since it's a cassete tape) and with CDs, there are lot of players which support this. You don't worry about what album or song you played last. You start driving and your music continues playing where you left it off last time you were in your car.

On the other hand, with Spotify you have to go through a big hassle, first to even reach the album or playlist you have played before (in a lot of cases Spotify doesn't remember even that) and second to find the song which played last. Talking about safety while driving.

palaeologos

Since the redesign, it doesn't even work when I'm still on the same playlist.  Lame.

Radiomylar

If we all took 30 seconds right now to write a reivew on the app store with this problem in it, I betcha we'd get an updated response from them.

Vallynx

It is end of 2018 now.
I'm fed up with this stupid mentality of Spotify.

They just don't care.

They don' realize how many customers they loose by ignoring us.
I never recommend Spotify to anyone just for this reason.
I don't want my friends to complain to me afterwards.

bugujr

Like I had updated in Page 14 on ‎2017-10-02:

I had spoken to Spotify and this idea would move to be need to be around 1500-2000 votes to be "Under Consideration" for implementation. So we need a lot more for them to care...

Vallynx

Currently (as of today) I'm testing Google Play Music : there is 60 days, free trial offer. See how that turns out. Afterwards it is the same price as Spotify : but that doesn't even interest me. I would be happy to pay an extra 5 bucks if a system works as one would expect it work ... 

Gwinny

Seriously? This idea has been around since 2012 and nothing happend? So much for 10 more kudos..