[Android] Add a toggle for full screen album covers on lockscreen

Hi, Do you think you we can have a toggle for full screen album cover display when lock screen is on? It was really cool to see our favorite albums art works on full size and I think it’s also way to appreciate those artist who made them.

Updated on 2021-08-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
duuster

So yeah this is an issue!, there's a reason bands create cover art, you can stare at it while listening. Think it's really dumb to create a thumbnail... art gone to waste

Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've edited the title and description of the idea a little bit due to the fact that whether or not full screen cover art is shown on the lockscreen has always been dependent on how the Android rom on the particular phone was configured to interact with media playback. This can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, from one android version to another and from one phone model to the other.

As it stands, the newest Android development is that no full screen album art will be shown. We are however receiving request from both camps - those who want to enable it and those who have it, but would rather disable it. We feel that having a toggle for this setting would be a solution that allows both requests to be fulfilled.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

niuetz

Ok now, this actually makes me super mad.
The exact same thing has been suggested here already https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Disable-full-screen-cover-art-in-lock-screen/i... but it just got closed there with the reason that this here is the "revised" idea. No! Even in the original suggestion, there was written:
Can you please give us an option to disable the cover art wallpaper in the lock screen?

And several months later I responded with the simple toggle feature: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Disable-full-screen-cover-art-in-lock-screen/i...

Now this suggestion finally receives 500 votes and now after years it just gets closed and we have to reach 500 Votes again? It's like they didn't even read the original post or all the replies to it!

I really hope @Mihail can give us a reason for closing the old thread and opening a new one because for me this really just sounds like a huge excuse for not working on this suggestion.

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-08-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.