[Android][Browse] Suggestion for better and quicker library browsing

Hey there, i am not really sure whether this has already been requested. If so, it would be nice to link to an existing topic.

I mean, I couldn't imagine anlifenwithout Spotify anymore, but still, as an album listened, I miss browsing by alphabetically ordered artists only (like in many music Player apps).

When browsing the spotify library by artist, you always have an entry per album with the album's name as the main Element and next to it we have the Image of the album. (imagine the 4 Xes are the Album Image)

XX The first album

XX Another band

XX The cool EP

XX Another band

XX Album of the year

XX Better band

XX Another album

XX Better Band

XX Third album

XX Better band

XX awesome album

XX Incredible band

XX worst Album ever

XX Incredible band

Especially when you have a huge library, things get cluttery.

I would love to have the possibility to be able to browse through an artist list of my library:

Another band

Better band

Incredible band

And when clicking on the particular artists, all albums and EPs and singles you have in your library are listed. Just like a directory tree, you know?

I would love to have the option to organize my library in Spotify this way.

Updated on 2021-08-04

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Duplicate ideas. If there’s already an existing idea, you can just add your vote to it.
  • Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Additionally, keep in mind that there are no suggestions in Your Library as these have their own section in your Home page and Browse.

Cheers!

Comments
Novy
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-08-04

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Duplicate ideas. If there’s already an existing idea, you can just add your vote to it.
  • Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Additionally, keep in mind that there are no suggestions in Your Library as these have their own section in your Home page and Browse.

Cheers!