[Android][Developer] Improvement on download logic to prevent loss of data.

Improvement on download logic to prevent loss of data.

Anyone who has a SD card suffers tremendously when booting devices.  I am aware that this behavior occurs on SD storage.

I believe that if a unique user key was created in the moment of login, it would work as any "home" directory. This is a major problem of Spotify , and it has to be addressed.

I interact with thousands of files that must be downloaded every time I boot..

Before starting the download after a reboot, the app must try to find any other downloaded music for that user key (in any mounted storage). Another possibility is to OFFER the option of a new download, OR browsing the destination of already downloaded content.

In terms of illustration, if user A has downloaded content and user B logs in, the user key would be different, so any downloads for user A wouldn't work. Then , if user A logs in on the same device, the content would be available.

Thank you for your time

-Daniel.

Updated on 2021-09-09

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-29

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

danzisfish
Casual Listener

Thanks for adding as suggestion.

I believe that every user has a unique ID, and you can take this advantage to implement the Spotify data storage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Daniel

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-09-09

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.