[Android][Your Library] More precise google assistant commands

Google Assistant commands are not very useful if it never plays your music. "Play <song> on spotify" never plays something from my library. This is also annoying when there are several recordings of the same piece by different performers. 

To improve google assistant I recommend adding this command:

"Play <song> from my library" this will then search only your library/downloaded music and play the closest match. 

Another command:

"Play <song> preformed by <artist>" For example play "Sibelius's second symphony" preformed by "Berlin Phil" this can be implemented for general search, but could also be combined with my other suggestion.

Updated on 2022-02-21

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-08-24

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @Triangable!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Lizard_Crimson

Hey, all!

A little backfround to my issue. I primarily use Spotify with my google assistant and lately when I tell it to "play daily mix 1" it will instead play an album titled "Daily Mix" made in 2021 including songs by Vexento, Alex Skrindo, and others with another perplexing copyright notice under the name "Outertone." Regardless, I'm not a fan of this music and I really don't like that all the different ways of telling google to play the daily mix one playlist lead me back to this album. I've tried using the "Don't Play This" feature, but the problem persists.

My suggesstion to fix this problem would be to either tweak the Spotify API that google uses such that it will first check if a song/artist has been blocked by the user before attempting to play it, and if it has been blocked, goes to the next option, OR prohibit artists to use certain keywords when titling songs or ablums, and dedicate phrases like "Daily Mix" to spotify and personal playlists only. Kinda like reserved words in programming languages

I see the artists I mentioned on other albums titled with common keywords that spotify already uses for all accounts such as "Discover Weekly" which makes me inclined to think that the person making these is trying to be clever in their naming in order to maximize their revanue, kinda like spotify farmers. Preventing the use of certain keywords would certainly reduce the need for moderation

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

~Lizard_Crimmson

100hundred

My spotify is linked to my smart devices, and when I ask the smart device to play a specific song, it almost always plays a remix version of the song. How could this be changed to play the original (un-remixed) version of the song?

Neonkaty

Yo have the ability to select a specific playlist trough google home assistant

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-02-21

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!