Auto-create playlist based on cached songs

This is a feature available on the competition, which allows one to play a playlist of everything that is cached on your mobile device (at least on iOS). This helps when you don't want to plan ahead for which songs should be offline.

Updated: 2015-06-19

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Make-recently-played-Tracks-in-Cache-available-Of...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

estr1-4

Auto-Cache Recent Songs

is another idea which, marked as a "dup", is actually rather different.

This idea was to enhance the automatic caching of content to devices, to reduce mobile data consumption.

As the author of this idea mentioned, it would be a win-win for Spotify & consumers.

Very surprised this is not seriously considered.

As submitted by AaronPDX:

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't exist already. ...

I know that there is an "Save offline" option already for playlists/albums/whatever, but it would be spectacular to be able to desginate either some data size, or number of songs/albums/time, and have the app auto-cache the most recently played music.  I know I have a habit of listening to one album on loop for a while, and often won't think to mark it for offline play ahead of time.  I KNOW this is a pretty common behavior.  Having some kind of predictive or reactive auto-caching would not only reduce your server bandwidth, but also save us users our valuable, often very limited cell network data bandwidth for the month.  It's a win-win.  Help us help you!

[estr1-4 comment:  I would recommend not just caching recently played tracks, but also caching tracks that historically have the highest play count.  A weighted algorithm could be devised which weights tracks for preservation in the cache based upon play count, with more recent plays weighted higher.  (for example, foreach play in plays, weight += 1/(time elapsed since play)).

In this manner, tracks played a lot recently would outweigh those played even more, but years ago.  Tracks consistently played occasionally thoughout time would be weighted highly and smartly preserved.  Best regards.]

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-06-19

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Make-recently-played-Tracks-in-Cache-available-Of...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!