Class dual boots as one device, because they are!

I dual boot between Windows and Ubuntu, and I use Spotify on both. I also want to use offline mode on both, but along with my laptop, I also have 2 other Android devices.

This means that I have 3 devices, however Spotify takes in the 2 operating systems as 2 devices, so I cannot use my offline mode correctly.

I do believe that Spotify should take a dual boot as only one offline device, because it is only one device (it only has one storage area!).

Thanks for reading.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Peter__
Community Legend

"I do believe that Spotify should take a dual boot as only one offline device, because it is only one device (it only has one storage area!)."

Do the clients on each OS share the same Spotify cache? 

Peter

Liam
Community Legend
No, but I could make them 😉
Peter__
Community Legend

I guess its down to what Spotify class as a device. Is a "device" just hardware or is it hardware and software. 

Peter

Liam
Community Legend
Just hardware!
wtfzdotnet
Casual Listener
Even if the cache wasn't shared I would still consider it one device, I'm also running into limits with devices lately, which got me to your post. +1 for this issue as I use spotify on windows, linux mint, laptop, tablet and phone aswell,
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Liam
Community Legend
Not fair...