Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
ASoldini

This is not even close to what the post I saw and really really agreed with was requesting. Would love to know how their product team handles this. Their foray into podcasts is truly disappointing this far for a company that really killed it with music. 

RobDBob

So 7 years in pipe and still nothing. You really don't give a flying f do you Spotify?

affluentpauper

Although I feel like I am screaming into the void, I'll add my frustration with this as well.  I'm listening to music at my work computer, then go for a walk and listen to a podcast, I *do not* want to sit back down at my work computer and have my place in the playlist completely gone.  Most of the time I *do not* want to connect my devices.  I want the option to turn it off. This is frustrating on a daily basis. 

bukonine

For the love of all things logical PLEASE give us the ability to turn this forced "feature" off.  Like others I don't want to lose my place in a pod cast when I listen to music and vice versa.  Just give us a real ability to disable vs. rooting our phones or "offline" mode (which is just a work around).  You're a bunch of smart folks, figure out another way to lock our accounts to prevent account sharing, its obvious this is why you wont let us turn it off, but if you're engineers are all that, figure something else out!

philhobson

Reassuring to know this is still considered a 'Good Idea' - do all good ideas at Spotify take 6 years to implement?

JonRam

Yesterday, I was this close ' ' to cancel my Premium subscription due to this annoying option.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice option but making it automatic without the choice to disallow the connection is a frustrating experience.

I understand that you prefer to have it this way so you don't have people sharing their account with others for free, but there's got to be another way that doesn't punish all your customers.

AlmightyOatmeal

I never agreed to this and this is unfairly restricting my ability to use the service that I pay money for. You crippled my functionality and expect me to remain a paying customer? What moron thought this was a good idea to force people to do? I can't even manage my account on my phone without it affecting my computer and it's nothing but a drain on resources. If you don't stop this foolishness then you will certainly lose me and a large number of other people as customers. 

kdSpartan

This is BY FAR the most annoying feature of Spotify.  I'll be listening to a music playlist while working.  Then I take a break from work to go for a walk around the block and put on a playlist.  When I get back to my computer, it's now trying to play the podcast and I've completely lost my progress on the playlist.  It's maddening to force a feature we don't want on us when giving us an "opt-out" settings option to disable it would be extremely easy to do.

alliens

I want an option to turn off Spotify Connect, its driving me insane. I want to choose when and what will playing a way I want to. When I play music on my computer the mobile follows it. I don't want that. I think even the music quality got worse in my computer when it was controlled by mobile. When I succeeded to play music without my mobile the sound was better.  Probably I'm wrong - but still - I want an option to turn it off. Then I don't have to think what is controlled with what. And I surely don't want to drain my mobile battery when I'm playing music somewhere else.

huijaustilinen

It's funny that also free accounts are using this feature. I am playing spotify on my computer and my phone gets notifications and makes my smart watch to vibrate. That just isn't something I can tolerate.  Of course I can just make two accounts to go around this problem.  Or just block spotify notifications on my phone. It isn't that hard to turn them on when I need them. This way I can also skip ad notifications. As a paying customer I would be even more annoyed. Those notifications makes spotify almos unsusable. Of course you can make free account for your computer, because you can easily block ads there, but you don't want to do that if you are paying for the service. You should fix this before you lose paying customers.