Announcements

[Connect] Make Spotify Connect a Choice

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2021-07-27

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this idea - We really appreciate it!

This has been discussed internally multiple times now and while we would like to look into this, it's not currently on our radar.

Should anything change, we will make sure to post an update, but we also want to be transparent about what we are and what we aren't working on.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming!

Comments
JonRam

Yesterday, I was this close ' ' to cancel my Premium subscription due to this annoying option.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice option but making it automatic without the choice to disallow the connection is a frustrating experience.

I understand that you prefer to have it this way so you don't have people sharing their account with others for free, but there's got to be another way that doesn't punish all your customers.

AlmightyOatmeal

I never agreed to this and this is unfairly restricting my ability to use the service that I pay money for. You crippled my functionality and expect me to remain a paying customer? What moron thought this was a good idea to force people to do? I can't even manage my account on my phone without it affecting my computer and it's nothing but a drain on resources. If you don't stop this foolishness then you will certainly lose me and a large number of other people as customers. 

alliens

I want an option to turn off Spotify Connect, its driving me insane. I want to choose when and what will playing a way I want to. When I play music on my computer the mobile follows it. I don't want that. I think even the music quality got worse in my computer when it was controlled by mobile. When I succeeded to play music without my mobile the sound was better.  Probably I'm wrong - but still - I want an option to turn it off. Then I don't have to think what is controlled with what. And I surely don't want to drain my mobile battery when I'm playing music somewhere else.

huijaustilinen

It's funny that also free accounts are using this feature. I am playing spotify on my computer and my phone gets notifications and makes my smart watch to vibrate. That just isn't something I can tolerate.  Of course I can just make two accounts to go around this problem.  Or just block spotify notifications on my phone. It isn't that hard to turn them on when I need them. This way I can also skip ad notifications. As a paying customer I would be even more annoyed. Those notifications makes spotify almos unsusable. Of course you can make free account for your computer, because you can easily block ads there, but you don't want to do that if you are paying for the service. You should fix this before you lose paying customers. 

aacapri

I love how after 7 years this is still an issue, they just don't care

Xenia
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-07-27

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this idea - We really appreciate it!

This has been discussed internally multiple times now and while we would like to look into this, it's not currently on our radar.

Should anything change, we will make sure to post an update, but we also want to be transparent about what we are and what we aren't working on.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming!

JediWombat

Not good enough, Spotify. Your connect feature**bleep** and everyone hates it. Stop **bleep**ing around, and turn it off.

middaymoon

This is and the shoddy offline mode are the two biggest gripes I have with Spotify. I'm a HEAVY playlist listener and I usually have different queues playing on PC or mobile, but this stupid Connect service deletes one or the other every time. My home wifi reaches my car and I've had to pull over on the way out of my neighborhood MULTIPLE times so I can fix my phone to stop playing music on my PC back in my house because the phone connected while I was driving. This is not a feature, it's a bug. I'm only here because Google forced me to use their **bleep** Youtube Music service, but even that is looking like a better experience. 

I appreciate the transparency from the dev (or more likely product) team, but that doesn't fix my problems.

ortolan

Maybe if Adele pulls a sow bug out of her snatch they'll put it on their radar and make it their north star and whatever other nonsensical idiocy they trot out to make the aspie hobbit fetishists they hire feel like they're having an adventure by building unusable garbage. 

emul

Migrated to Spotify from Youtube Music because they were not able to implement a simple "shuffle playlist" feature, now I'm planning to find another music service because this device connect thing makes me crazy.
I don't want to listen to the same music in my car than what I was listening on my computer while as was working.
I don't want to manage something playing on my phone from my computer.

Pardon my language guys, but this is just a **bleep**ing shame ...