Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
demusku

YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON HAS AN IDEA DOES NOT MEAN ALL 150,000,000+ CUSTOMERS WANT THE SAME EXACT OPTION.

THIS ENTIRE IDEA SECTION IS AN UTTER EMBARRASSMENT

ua2

I'm so sad and frustrated everytime my queue on my computer is overwritten with the stuff playing or queued on another device. PLEASE make it possible to turn this annoyance off!

User10000

I believe that there are many Spotify Users that have multiple locations they listen in: Car, work, home, recreation, etc... and while the new history function is nice; there needs to be personal options available.

It would also seem that some situations one wouldn't want to continue the last played song on the account, but rather the last played song for that specific device.

Example: A daycare provider that has an echo device at work and uses it to listen to children's learning songs. After the whole day, they might not want to have their phone connect to their cars bluetooth and start playing "Baby shark" as a suggested radio. This would be solved with a "This device only" option for continue last played on the phone settings in the app.

The same would could be bothersome in the reverse, too:

A Spa business employee who listens to hard rock on the drive to work, would NOT want that music to start playing on the Alexa device they connect to in their work room. How about an "Alexa, ask Spotify to set "this device only" continued playback.  So when you ask for "relaxing spa music" one day, the next time you talk to that device after the weekend, it continues the "relaxing spa music" not the account history.

aacapri

I love how after 7 years this is still an issue, they just don't care

Mihail
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-07-16

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea multiple times internally and while it is interesting, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Xenia
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-07-27

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this idea - We really appreciate it!

This has been discussed internally multiple times now and while we would like to look into this, it's not currently on our radar.

Should anything change, we will make sure to post an update, but we also want to be transparent about what we are and what we aren't working on.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming!

JediWombat

Not good enough, Spotify. Your connect feature**bleep** and everyone hates it. Stop **bleep**ing around, and turn it off.

middaymoon

This is and the shoddy offline mode are the two biggest gripes I have with Spotify. I'm a HEAVY playlist listener and I usually have different queues playing on PC or mobile, but this stupid Connect service deletes one or the other every time. My home wifi reaches my car and I've had to pull over on the way out of my neighborhood MULTIPLE times so I can fix my phone to stop playing music on my PC back in my house because the phone connected while I was driving. This is not a feature, it's a bug. I'm only here because Google forced me to use their **bleep** Youtube Music service, but even that is looking like a better experience. 

I appreciate the transparency from the dev (or more likely product) team, but that doesn't fix my problems.

ortolan

Maybe if Adele pulls a sow bug out of her snatch they'll put it on their radar and make it their north star and whatever other nonsensical idiocy they trot out to make the aspie hobbit fetishists they hire feel like they're having an adventure by building unusable garbage. 

emul

Migrated to Spotify from Youtube Music because they were not able to implement a simple "shuffle playlist" feature, now I'm planning to find another music service because this device connect thing makes me crazy.
I don't want to listen to the same music in my car than what I was listening on my computer while as was working.
I don't want to manage something playing on my phone from my computer.

Pardon my language guys, but this is just a **bleep**ing shame ...