[Desktop] Allow Storing of Offline Files Onto External Hard Drives

I have asked if spotify allow downloads onto premium account holder's computer hardrives but they don't allow it currently. The suggested I post something on here so people can vote on the idea.
I asked "Have you thought about allowing premium account holders to download music onto their hardrives so they can use the songs in other ways? Even if its a limited amount per month?"
Even if its a limited amount per month of about 25-50 it may encourage more people to use their site. I think it would also help save people money in the long run as currently if you want to own the song for use in other places, you have to pay twice. its £14.99/ month for a premium account and then to buy a song at another site can be 99p/song!!

Updated on 2018-02-18

EDIT: Leave your likes here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Other-Download-Spotify-Songs-on-a-Hard-Drive/idi... /L

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-12-31

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea. With regards to your other suggestion, please see the staff response to this idea.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-02-18

EDIT: Leave your likes here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Other-Download-Spotify-Songs-on-a-Hard-Drive/idi... /L

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!