[Desktop][Browse] Chronological subscription/following feed of new releases.

Firstly, I know this has been discussed before, however, the Release Radar playlist Spotify has implemented is sub-par, to be honest.

I find it insane that Spotify doesn't have a chronological feed similar to what Soundcloud has. I have been using both platforms for years now and always find myself reverting back to Soundcloud when in search of new music, simply because of their chronological feed. 

The release radar playlist that Spotify has implemented does not suffice. It usually misses some new tracks and takes days to update - a key reason why I still heavily rely on my Soundcloud. 

It is such an easy feature to implement yet it has been neglected for years; even though it's one of Spotify's main competitor's strengths. This would be such a useful feature for Musicians and DJs and would ultimately drive them away from Spotify's competitors.

This really needs to be reconsidered by the Spotify team - especially considering the notifications from Spotify are practically useless when it comes to alerting you about new music. Similar to Youtube, why can't Spotify implement a feature like the notification bell for a channel that alerts you of when an artist uploads a new piece of music?

Another thing that drives me insane is when an artist does a remix but it doesn't show anywhere on their profile page. The artist has created the new piece of music and it should be available to view on their own page rather than the original creator's page.

In nearly every other regard Spotify is the perfect platform except for these few frustrating things.

Updated on 2021-08-04

Hello @joshmartelozzo, and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

It'd be great if you submit a separate idea about each improvement you have in mind with as much detail on how you imagine it being realized, as possible.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-08-04

Hello @joshmartelozzo, and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

It'd be great if you submit a separate idea about each improvement you have in mind with as much detail on how you imagine it being realized, as possible.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.