Announcements

[Desktop][Playlists][Bug] Bring back the draggable auto-scroll feature

You used to be able to drag a song to reorder it in a playlist or your queue and the screen would scroll along. Especially now that our screens are covered by album covers and thus less songs it would be great if this could be fixed. Please fix this! 

Updated on 2022-10-15

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Comments
arolekaro

This appears to still be working for me. I'm on Mac desktop app version 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

balonlon

Update: auto scroll up works, auto scroll down does not work for me 

Rob-Cooper

Scrolling is really really slow. I have 5000 playlists and it used to take around 5 minutes to scroll a new playlist from top to bottom, now it takes half an hour. A cut and paste option for entire playlists would be a positive feature.

winniewouse

+1. moving songs up the queue was already difficult with autoscroll, especially when the queue is long. now it's almost impossible, i have to move them up and then scroll in little stretches.  this is a big hit to my enjoyment of using the queue on desktop. thanks

Voyager006

I've received the Desktop UI update and scrolling works for me in normal playlists. In the queue, however, it's only possible to scroll down; there's no way to drag a track and have the page scroll up. It's a setback from the previous UI.

Windows, 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a

sproaty

Same here on Windows 10, can scroll a queued song downwards but not up. Annoying when I add a bunch of albums to a queue and want to list to one I'd queued last before another I'd queued first.

smomommy

I agree! When I tried to drag as usual, it seemed to develop a mind of its own and move it down the list of its own accord. It just keeps going. Escape, return, ok are a few of my tries to make it stop. I ended up quitting Spotify to make it stop. Am I missing something? As well, when adding a song to a folder in my playlist, I was able to type a few letters of the file I wanted and then choose from the files that matched, taking only a second or two. Now, since I have a large list of playlists, I have made new folders so it doesn't take forever! Does anyone have a better idea? I'd love to have the help!

Jacob
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-21

This suggestion is now open for voting! If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-05

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and I hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

davidvh73

I'm on Spotify for Windows v. 1.1.72.439.gc253025e and the auto-scroll when moving up songs in the queue is not working anymore.

Before it was and it's a real pain when you added a song to a long queue and you want it on top.

So please bring this feature back!