Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Paste Songs in Playlist at Specific Point

With the new UI update the ability to paste songs at a certain point in a playlist seems to be missing.

I have some pretty long playlists that I use custom ordering with. Having the ability to paste songs I recently added to it at a certain point was really helpful. This allowed me to highlight a song near where I wanted the new songs to go and when  I pasted the cut songs would be pasted right below it. This saved a lot of time because I didn't need to drag songs from the bottom of the playlist after they were added through the playlist for minutes at a time.

This was a great feature and I hope something to replace it or the feature is reinstated. It appears that right now when I try to do this the songs are pasted at the end of the playlist. I have not found a new feature or workaround to this at the moment.

This idea implies the existence of the ability to cut rather than just copy songs in a playlist as well so I didn't feel the need to create a separate idea post for that feature. This also doesn't have to be exactly as I described it. A way to move songs to a certain point in a playlist in any way is just what I am looking for.

I know the UI is brand new so these are probably just the growing pains but I'd love to see this feature added at some point.

Thanks!

Updated on 2023-01-13

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're super happy to announce that this is now possible on the desktop app! You can cut/copy songs with Ctrl+X/Ctrl+C (on Windows; Cmd+X/Cmd+C on Mac) and paste them in the desired location in your playlists with Ctrl+V (on Windows; Cmd+V on Mac)!

For more info on all other keyboard shortcuts check out this article.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Stay awesome!

Comments
Emilia_8
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-10-08

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has not gathered the minimum of 180 +VOTES within 6 months, so unfortunately it has to be marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes

However, it's still open for voting! Even with a Closed status Spotify Staff will still be tracking this Idea and its votes. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and have a great day! 

Arikabeth

Hey, since it seems a lot of "restore cut function" request posts have been merged into this therad I thought I'd mention that the cut function seem to be working again with version 1.1.77.643.g3c4c6fc6 (so hopefully anyone in this thread missing the cut function get that version rolled out to them soon, assuming the restored cut function works again with that version and it isn't something fixed serverside independent of that version).

Powha

This has been fixed, both cut and paste! Excellent work! 🌹

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-10-02

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Yordan
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2023-01-13

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're super happy to announce that this is now possible on the desktop app! You can cut/copy songs with Ctrl+X/Ctrl+C (on Windows; Cmd+X/Cmd+C on Mac) and paste them in the desired location in your playlists with Ctrl+V (on Windows; Cmd+V on Mac)!

For more info on all other keyboard shortcuts check out this article.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Stay awesome!

Arikabeth

Huh, I thought this was already fixed a few months back. Regardless it's nice to see it fixed (maybe the fix was rolled out later in some other regions and/or for some other platforms I guess?).