Display Album Art Cover in car over bluetooth

Hi All

I've realized that Album Art Cover is not being displayed on my vehicle's headunit.

Song name, Artist, Album, and track length is being displayed perfectly, however the Album Art is not displayed.

Please see attached photo of example

My vehicle in question is a 2018 Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI. 

I'm lead to believe that many vehicles use the same format to display in-car album art over bluetooth.

Note this is not Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.

I think implemeting this feature would really be a wow-factor to Spotify, and make the product evermore premium above all else

Thanks

20190627_172857.jpg

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
stefoci
Visitor

I have the same issue 😕 

iIs that  a problem connected to Spotify or operating system  (Android) With latest iPhone no such a problem ?

Kev2thevin
Visitor

So.. any updates? Did they even look into this?

pille444
Nothing changed, still no Album Cover, no response.
badwzrd
Casual Listener

I hope they finally do something with this. I think I may have been the original poster for this issue almost 4.5 years ago. Hopefully people are noticing this issue in their vehicles. Should be an easy fix. 

tts42572
Visitor

So I've been following this topic as it has always annoyed me that spotify album art wasn't being displayed via bluetooth in my car.  

Well, last week I noticed an Android update on my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone.  Since running that update, all of the sudden I'm now getting Spotify album artwork displayed on my vehicles radio!

Although, I have noticed one weird issue.  The album artwork displays when I'm shuffling tracks on my playlist.  However, if I drill down to play a specific album and have it play without shuffle, it doesn't display the artwork past one song.  I suspect it's only displaying or refreshing artwork when spotify has to got to a different folder or something on it's servers. and when an album is played continuously for some reason it doesn't refresh the album art with each song. 

So I guess it seems like it's getting there but still a little work to do.  And I'm sure it's highly dependent on version of android being used and each cars radio capabilities.  I personally just got a new 2021 vehicle so maybe that had something to do with it too.

It's frustrating as this shouldn't be that complicated.  Bluetooth easily sends album, track and artist data....Just add that album artwork into the equation.

Blackarth
  • Hi, I have the same issue with a mini countryman 2019 IMG_20210202_232850.jpg

bt9k6l-xrp_jd
  • image.jpg

Same here in my Cooper 5 door would be nice to see the album art. Although it works over USB, that involves plugging it in.
Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.