Display Korean Song Titles in Original Language

Localisation of Korean song titles for users in the Korea region. This is not a new idea, but I've checked that it has been closed down multiple times due to "not enough votes".

Remind me how many of your Korean users who are the ones who need this localisation of titles the most actually come to this Spotify Community to vote on ideas written in English? As a user of Spotify for the past 3 years, I appeal to the team to review this idea after surveying your target audience (in Korea) who needs it the most, instead of depending on votes on this community page. 

If you do a quick search on Naver (Korea's top search engine) on music streaming services comparing Melon (Korea's reigning music streaming app) VS Spotify, you can easily see that Korean users has named the issue of Korean titles not being displayed in Korean as the biggest weakness of your service. This is also named the top reason why new users are hesitant on switching from existing services to Spotify.

Updated on 2021-09-28

Hey @yeseobbie,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

Take into account that the "Closed" status doesn't mean the idea won't be implemented. If it reaches the necessary amount of votes, Spotify will consider it. 

Cheers.
Comments
MafeG
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-09-28

Hey @yeseobbie,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

Take into account that the "Closed" status doesn't mean the idea won't be implemented. If it reaches the necessary amount of votes, Spotify will consider it. 

Cheers.