Downloadable Tracks and playlists for Desktop Mac or PC

Hi,

Not sure if this idea has been mentioned before, but I think it would be a good idea if Spotify allowed premium subscribers to download tracks and playlists off their servers and on to their Mac or PC. I think that this idea would give Spotify an extra edge over competitor music streaming services. This would work by users opening up Spotify and searching a particular track. The user would then see a download button next to the track, giving them a choice to download the track on to the PC or Mac.
I welcome feedback on the idea and ways to improve the idea.

Please give it some kudos if you want to see this implemented in Spotify.
Updated: 2015-08-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
Fred
Community Legend

Hi.

Some further explanation is needed. In the first sentence you state"---download tracks and playlists off their servers and on to their Mac or PC without having to open up the Spotify client..."

A bit further down you write "This would work by users opening up Spotify and searching a particular track. The user would then see a download button next to the track, giving them a choice to download the track on to the PC or Mac."

Note the boldface text. 

English is not my first language, which may also be the cause of the confusion 🙂

Please expand your description or add a new comment here. 

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea.

You might also want to support an idea about bringing back the (paid) download store here.

Deano10101
Music Fan

Everyone should support my idea of downloadable songs and playlists for premium subscribers on the Desktop client for Mac and windows give it some kodos to get it implemented and improve the idea: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Downloadable-Tracks-and-playlists-for-Desktop-Mac-or-PC/...

You would be able to download your music and playlists from spotify and have access to it at anytime on your computer, the best part is that it could be included as part of your subscription.

I posted this idea in August last year and nothing progressed since, so as mentioned before give some kodos and suggest ideas to improve it. I am open to suggestions.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-08-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!