Announcements

[Garmin] Garmin App - Control Spotify on Phone

Right now on the app used on Garmin Smartwatches, you can only download songs and control those songs on the app.  I would like the ability to have the app control the songs being played on the phone.  the app used on Fitbit watches has this.  I often have spotify playing on a device (phone, pc) and really like the simplicity of skipping a song from the watch without needing to get my phone unlocked or get to my PC. 

Updated on 2022-07-10

Hey @lbearm 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Kiril
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-04-11

Hello @lbearm,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

jrham

This sounds like a great feature, and it gets a vote from me. But let me try to understand; it sounds like you want the option to use a watch as a "remote control". 

I think it currently only plays music that's been downloaded onto the watch and then projected to a device via bluetooth. So yes, I like your idea of using your watch as "remote" to change songs if that's what you mean.

lbearm

jrham - you have that correct.  I am looking at it to function more like a remote control.  Thanks for the vote. Hopefully we get enough.

Mikegfx4

My Garmin Vivoactive 4 already does this, not sure anything needs to be changed.  Make sure that you have the spotify app installed on the device, if able. Maybe you are asking for this to work on devices that cannot install the spotify app directly?

lbearm

Mikegfx4, I don't think you are following my request.  The Vivoactive can download songs from Spotify and play those.  However, if I am listening to Spotify on my PC, the watch cannot control what is playing.  It only knows what has been downloaded to the Garmin.

Mikegfx4

Iberam, Yes this is exactly what I do with my watch today. If I am playing music on my phone (not saved to the watch)  I can scroll to the music controls app on my watch and play/pause, skip forward/backwards, and control volume. This also works with the PC playing music and my phone app open (it shows what is playing on the PC). 

lbearm

Well mine does not do that.  I do have Spotify installed on my watch - version 1.5.3,  SW Version on the Watch is 6.8.0.  So not sure how you are getting what you want.  All the documentation I read says the app functions the way I am seeing it on my watch and not the way I want it to work and have listed it above.

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-07-10

Hey @lbearm 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

tobiaslindberg

On my Forerunner 245 Music, I can choose to control the music on my phone instead of the music on my watch by doing the following:

1. Long-press UP
  2. Scroll into Settings and down to Music
  3. Choose Music Providers
  4. Choose Control Phone

Hope this can help others as well.

Env: prod