Let my profile be blocked to someone that've blocked me

Great that you have added the posibility to block people. But you implemented it only halfway. The way it's implemented is not really fair.

I can block someone and still follow there playlist and see everything of them, but they can not see me. 

Now I know I've been blocked by my someone, so now I know that he can still see all my music (we work in the same field with music). So he blocked me, so he can still see all my playlists, but I can not block him cause his name does not show up in the searchresults. 

It would be great that it would be more like facebook or instagram. So bloking works on both sides, there is an option to unblock and you have a list of people you've blocked in your account, where you can also block/unblock. 

Updated on 2022-06-23

Hey @VJ1980 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Jeremy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-03-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

VJ1980

Hi Jeremy, this shouldn't be an idea to be voted on.... 😀 It will take years for you to change this since a lot of people dont even know about this... 

ParentalControl

Contact Customer support so that they can block the user for you this could be the only way to do this. Another way to see who is following you is to sign out of your account and from a web browser look at your profile via that browser signed out and get the user name (URL) listed under followers of the person following you.

When you contact Customer Support via the indicated link below, you will be able to have a representative block certain users permanently for you. Make sure to have a link (URL) to the users profile so that you can provide it to them when they assist you in the live chat.

http://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-06-23

Hey @VJ1980 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂