List of ideas/suggestions/bugs :)

-UNIVERSAL SEARCH BUTTON-
I have noticed that when I am deep into playlists and/or an artists page, it often takes a lot of "back" button taps to get to the universal search. Therefore I was thinking to fix this problem, you could create a search button or icon (such as the magnifying glass) in the top right of all pages that bring a user to a universal search bar since it is a very commonly used feature.

-ALL SONGS OPTION-
On an artist's page, it would be so great to see a "All Songs" button that shows all of the artists songs, possibly in alphabetical order.

-DON'T PLAY ALL SONGS FROM SEARCH-
I do really like that a song that I am searching for is often one of the top four or five songs listed, however it is not a pleasant experience to have the next songs on the list play after that one song I search, played.

-CREATE A BETTER FRIEND SEARCH TOOL-
I have often noticed that it is a difficult experience to try and find friends on Spotify if they are signed up through Facebook, and therefore don't have a username so they are not pulled up when their name is searched for. This is again a struggle when you are not friends on Facebook and cannot search for them through the Facebook friend search option.

-BETTER RADIO-
Radio. I've used the radio feature a couple times, but to be honest it is not a very likable experience because the similar song selection is not very alike, such as they are on iTunes Radio and Pandora. Perhaps making the radio more like the previously listed applications and services would creating a better music discovering and user listening experience.

-BETTER SHUFFLE-
The shuffle sucks. Going from iTunes/iPhone music app that will shuffle all of my songs without repeating and playing songs that haven't been shuffled to recently was great, and expected. I've talked with a few people and they experience this problem with your shuffle as well. The problem of songs getting repeated without the repeat button on, in addition to songs that were chosen and shuffled to in a recent shuffle (If that makes sense? Saying that I could shuffle all my music today and listen for a while, then shuffle all music tomorrow and get some of the same songs.)

-LYRICS ON MOBILE-
It would be nice to see a lyrics option available on a currently playing song on my phone, similar to the one the desktop (Mac) application.

-NEWLY RELEASED SONG NOTIFICATIONS-
I would like to see notifications from artists that on new song releases (because I usually find out from another source that an artist that I follow has released new songs[even on Spotify], rather than a notification from Spotify), instead of playlists that I follow being updated.

-INBOX PLAYED SONGS-
Sometimes when I have a friend send me a song, I will listen to it on my computer app or the mobile app, and it will not show that I've listened to it on the opposite app yet, and sometimes will not show my friend that I've listened to the song that they had sent me.

-LOCAL FILES ON ARTIST PAGE-
I have some songs of some artists that are local files because they aren't on Spotify. Obviously it would be nice to see them available on Spotify, however I know that is not always possible. It would be great to see when I search for and select an artist in the online/universal search, that it would have a section of local files of that artist.

-RECENTLY PLAYED SONG FLICK-
Another problem that I often stumble upon is when I get into the car, start up Spotify, choose a song to listen to and start driving down the road. Spotify then registers that I was previously listening to a song earlier that day and obnoxiously flicks back to that song in the middle of the original song. I've also experienced this problem problem in other similar ways with Spotify changing or stopping the song.

-CARLPLAY BUGS-
While I am talking about Spotify in the car, may I mention a couple of bugs I have noticed with Apple CarPlay. Now I am not sure if these bugs are your guys' problem, Apple's, or Pioneers, but I will share it anyways. I own a Pioneer AVH-400NEX deck with CarPlay. Honestly the on deck Spotify navigation is such a poor user experience, that I tend to avoid it all together, besides having to always press the "Now/Currently Playing" button to show the song that is currently playing(it would be nice to see that when the Spotify app is shown and opened in CarPlay, it automatically goes to the now playing screen.) Also there are a couple of other bugs such as music will stop playing altogether, and I will need to either change the song, force close the app, disconnect and reconnect my phone, or all the above. Another little bug is the CarPlay display on Spotify will often shove the 3 options (radio, playlists, etc) further down on the screen, therefore not aligned with the top of the screen.

Lastly, I am very eager to use Spotify on Apple Watch, and how it will be integrate Spotify especially to control music playing elsewhere (car stereo, computer, phone).

Oh also, I would like to see a shuffle or play all button to discover music while doing other tasks. And it would be nice to see a more fluid experience and better song matching. Hopefully the ideas/suggestions/bugs weren't too jumbled.
Updated: 2015-04-29

Hello there!
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status.
If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. 😉
When you're re-posting those ideas in separate topics, please make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed
Updated: 2015-04-29

Hello there!
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status.
If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. 😉
When you're re-posting those ideas in separate topics, please make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum. Thanks again!