[Mobile][Developer] Samsung S20 FE Storage setting changes on restart

My Samsung S20 FE suggests that you restart it from time to time. This causes Spotify to lose my 'SD CARD' setting and default to 'phone storage.'

This is not only annoying, but costly as the prime reason to have Spotify Premium is to Download for use when you don't have stable connection and to have the best quality audio available without lag; best quality means high data. SO every restart, my phone is downloading GBs of data on my plan. This means one loses that data on a limited plan, pay for those gbs on a pay-as-you-go, or get throttled for hitting your "high speed" limit even on an unlimited plan.

This goes way beyond an inconvenience. This is knowingly affecting clients data plans and access to data already paid for; my SD card should be able to reconnect to Spotify and TELL IT "YES, YOU ALREADY DOWNLOADED THAT."

I understand that the SD card automatically dismounts on restart, but that means the app needs to stop before it recognizes the dismount. The app IMMEDIATELY starts downloading again on restart. This means it needs to wait longer on device startup, and look for the SD card settings to match before defaulting the client chosen storage settings.

This also wears out the SD card, having to write and overwrite the same info over and over.

You are affecting so much more than my mood, you are harming my cellphone company's data collection statistics of me (labeling me a high-data user), force my phone to process and download the info, wasting battery life, and accelerating the decline of usable life of my device antenna, and hardware.

This should not be labeled as answered until it is actually fixed, not "being looked into."

I have read and tried all steps for troubleshooting and have resolved that it is a programming error, or malicious intent on Spotify's part.

Updated on 2021-07-30

Hey there,  

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
Mihail
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-30

Hey there,  

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!