[Mobile] Mobile app playlists INSIDE FOLDERS should have option to sort in custom order

Since the new update on the mobile app, playlists inside folders are showing in RECENTLY PLAYED order ONLY.

I want to have options. I want to see the playlists inside folders in the SAME ORDER I organized them using the desktop app.

The ability to sort the library on mobile app is limited to the TOP FOLDER only. That is limiting and annoying.

Updated on 2021-08-27

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
Sycotone
Visitor

I had the same idea, as the new system is ruining all the effort I put into organizing my playlists into folders. This needs to happen!

geirhong
Roadie

I don't understand how they even THOUGHT about removing that option. 

For me only one thing counts, and that is custom order. Everywhere. If I have recently listened to something, that means I am not going to listen to it again for some time. I am not a 14 year-old listening to the same stuff over and over and over again. I want to listen to lots and lots of different stuff and I have sorted them in order exactly to do that, preferrably not listening much to the same album more than once or twice a year at most.

Custom order is by far the only order that matters. 

Kallodus

I have a large number of playlists, I need this in order to be able to quickly and efficiently find the playlist I'm looking for

Nateradechel
Visitor

I have the same issue and it makes it hard to find what I'm looking for since some folders have multiple folders and playlists in them

Adamu87
Casual Listener

I have the same problem!

Motorola One Action
Android 10
Spotify v. 8.6.34.749

drunkderiver
Visitor

Please allow sorting in subfolders for playlist.

lightwinged
Visitor

I know the feature is available on desktop but it would be great to be able to create and edit folders on phone.Even if they aren't available on someone's profiles, it would really help in sorting the library better.

Plus if the folder with playlists itself could be played on shuffle it would be great.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-23

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

RobEverton
Music Fan

This is immensely important.

Why did you create the ability to built a library with nested folders on desktops only to scramble them in the mobile app? Many of us spend time every week updating playlists, moving lists and albums into the places we want them in order to have easy access to what we want at the top of the mobile app. 

The experience has to be the same everywhere.

All you have to do is add a sort option of "User library order"

thevoid8136

I've been in contact with tech support for the past couple weeks. They say a solution is "in the works with no deployment date currently set". I'm going to keep hounding them until we get this feature because like you guys I have over 300 playlists I meticulously organize and the absence of this sorting feature makes the mobile app pretty much unusable for me. This needs to get done.