Announcements

[Mobile][Other] Maps Integration With Car Thing

It would be so helpful if the Car Thing could display directions from Google Maps as well as serving as a spotify-specific terminal. The integration is already there with Google Maps so I feel like this should just be a quick additional integration. Perhaps one of the preset buttons could be used to switch between navigation and music, or you could use Hey Spotify show me navigation.

Updated on 2022-06-28

Hey @Hamza_U 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-03-30

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

runjara

I want this feature so bad

ArtGravity

I also would love it if Waze and Google Maps Navigation could use the Car Thing screen. Your idea has my vote!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-06-28

Hey @Hamza_U 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Lcwkee

i want this feature really badly!!! mainly so i can have something new in my 65 mustang 😕 i love the “spotify car thing” in my daily, but i also want a reason to get one for the mustang :/. I am 22yrs old btw (^ー^)

Nishant21

I would love it if The Car Thing can display google maps navigation too. Additionally, if there is a way I can pick up or decline phone calls that would be like cherry on the top. That way I wouldn't even need to take my phone out.

Solo801

The lack of this feature is the only reason I’m not buying car thing.

skammy

I would really like this feature too

mcbretttetettet

The lack of this integration is the only thing preventing me from buying it

chirtty22

I would buy my family these if it had navigation! Especially useful for older cars without built in navigation! You have my vote! I'll try to spread the word!