Announcements

[Mobile][Other] The Like Button ❤️ On-the-Go / Handsfree

DEAR SPOTIFY……I LOVE THE LIKE BUTTON!!

BUT, i often listen to Spotify through bluetooth headphones with my phone in my pocket, and whenever i want to hit the like button (which i do often) i have to get my phone out of my pocket everytime! And i’m trying to cut down on my screentime a bit.

i also use a Flic button, which i just hold in my hand and it can be set up to skip the tracks or pause tracks etc.

are you able to open up the functionality, so that the flic button can be set up to ‘like the current song playing’ ???

and it maybe even plays a small audio tone to acknowledge that this has been done?

or add it to your ‘hey spotify’ functionality ….maybe something like ‘hey spotify….i love this song!”

and then maybe roll it out to the UK! 😉 

Just to add a bit more context…….the ‘liking’ of songs which then drop into the ‘Liked Songs’ playlist is one of my favourite Spotify experiences. For example, i listen to my discover weekly, and i then ‘like’ a loads of those songs and then go back to ‘liked songs’ playlist a couple of weeks later, to rediscover those songs all over again. It‘s like i’ve saved them up to listen later or, to stretch the analogy a bit more, it’s like having an old school film camera where-by you only get to see the photos when you physically develop them! A double discovery!!

maybe it’s niche to how I use spotify, but i would be a very happy man if that function could be looked at 😊 

cheers!

Theron

Updated on 2022-07-03

Hey @tbone78 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-06-06

Hello @tbone78,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-07-03

Hey @tbone78 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Env: prod