Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Re-arrange song "..." index options

Not generally one to post feedback but this seems like a UX/UI error that should be addressed.

When I open an album and select "..." next to any song on that album, the first few options include "Hide Song" and "Remove From This Playlist" if that song is within a playlist. I recommend moving those down a few options to prevent users from inadvertently deleting or hiding a song they actually intended to share or add to a playlist.

I made this error and had to scour the internet using only my memory of the album art and the first word of the song title (which was in Portuguese) to recover a song I accidentally removed from a playlist. 

Updated on 2023-05-20

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here. Please continue to add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-04-25

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

id3nt1tycr1sis

YES. This is genuinely a huge pain point for me. The first option used to be "add to playlist" (which I use frequently), now it's "hide song". I couldn't tell you how many songs I've accidentally hidden - it's driving me crazy. 

MichaelTapp

Yeah, I am accidentally hiding songs that I love. 

Very disappointing experience. 

OmarLazreg

Placing this button at the top is making me hate the app, the number one function I use when exploring new songs is adding to playlist, not sending songs to limbo, there is already a function for that called next song.

Having it at the top makes it far too easy to misclick it.

If you really want to develop the app, then make the menus modable by the user, that way everyone can be happy.

78juli

yes pleeeeeaaaasseeeee... I keep hiding songs I like and I actually wanna add to a playlist!

TudoBala

Fully agree. Worst placement. I would never use the button, but to have it at the the top next to "add to playlist" button is very frustrating.

Jennski

I am having this problem too, I want to like and add a song to playlist and end up hiding it- never to be reversed or found again! Please put it further down in the options list, or like others have suggested required confirmation. 

L0rdSquidward

Does they invest in usability testing at all? This is just the latest in a string of usability issues in the last few updates. The app is just so annoying to use right now. I've lost count of how many songs I've just lost cus I tried to add it to a playlist and hid it instead, never to be found again.

MsterSandman

YES. PLEASE. 

It seems a little obvious to not put the 'destroy' button at the very top. 

Too many times have I been using Discovery Weekly, which I love, and I'm enjoying the heckkk out of a new song so I excitedly go to add the song and whoops its gone forever becasue bad UI... and yeah slight user error... but cmon..

Thank you devs! 🙂 

giovaetche

Couldn’t agree more. The positioning of the “hide” feature is a huge UX oversight, I’ve already unintentionally hidden great songs.